If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Orgeron staying at LSU. Big fan of that
Strong out at Texas. Big fan of that for Strong.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bada bing!

I am not as bullish on Tom Herman as some of the others around me. He clearly is the polar opposite stylistically from the current state of affairs. That is definitely needed.

Yes, Charlie was a major disappoibtment in Austin. But he is a very good man who tried to do things the right way in regard to character. He still remains respected int he coaching ranks and I suspect he'll be a DC somewhere impressive next season unless he decides to take a year off to count all of the nearly $20M he extracted from the 40 Acres in three years.

And if you expect this to start the dominoes, that may not be the case. I fully expect UH to hire Art Briles.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I can't believe Herman would go to Texas. Sure it's a big school and he will get nice raise. But I doubt if he's using an EBT card currently. When he loses 2 games Longhorn fans will be ready to run him off.
For the record, I have no use for Texas. Wish they go 0-12 every year.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I don't say this to be a jerk, but are you just perpetually bitter ballcoach? You seem to dislike an awful lot of things
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I will admit there are a few college football team I do not like;

All Big 10 teams except Penn State/Nebraska
All PAC 12 teams
Oklahoma
Georgia Tech
Syracuse
Pittsburg
Boston College
Louisville
All CAA teams
All Big South teams except LU
Arkansas
Tennessee
Kentucky
Virginia
Notre Dame
Texas
Last edited by ballcoach15 on November 28th, 2016, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Orgeron staying at LSU. Big fan of that
lsu will fire orgeron after 3 years. a horrible decision. he's not better than les miles.

horrible move by texas. great for strong to get out of there.

you have to give these guys more than 3 years. its completely absurd to expect a total rebuild by that time.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I liked the ole days, when a coach stayed at one school for a long time.

any coach in America is stupid to take Texas job. Expectations are too high there. 3 years and Herman be gone.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Texas has this opinion that their football program is better than it actually is because they are Texas. Their boosters are delusional and so are their fans.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
It's unfortunate that Texas had to let go of Charlie Strong but I also understand it being difficult to justify keeping him after the past three years. Herman is a fine coach...not sure that he's elite but he hasn't done anything to prove otherwise either.

I think the real winner in all of this is LSU. There weren't many great candidates available and they aren't beating Alabama until Saban leaves. Orgeron has earned the job and you don't have to pay him very much; which then frees up funds to find a top notch offensive coordinator. Even if this doesn't work out, so what? You fire Orgeron and then pitch job security when recruiting your next coach.

The interesting stories to watch over the next few days is Tennessee and Notre Dame. Lots of unhappy fans at both programs.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Herman won't have much better results than Strong. He may have better results the first year or two because Strong has recruited pretty well but I have no doubt he will fall off from there. It is the Texas way.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Strong got something like $20M over the last three years at Texas. Not a bad tradeoff. Hermann will get money too, and even if he's gone in another 3 years - if he's smart his family is now set for life.

Not the worst deal in the world.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I just think Orgeron will do better than people think. The LSU base likes him a lot better than Miles. He LITERALLY speaks their language and should be able to recruit the State. He doesn't have to do much better than Miles did record wise. I guess we will see
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I like Orgeron, too. It wouldn't take much for him to be more inventive offensively. The biggest knock on Miles was he refused to update his offense.

And now there are rumors that Orgeron can go get Kiffin to be his OC. And the SEC just gets more interesting!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I liked the ole days, when a coach stayed at one school for a long time.
ballcoach, even Bear Bryant wasn't a lifer.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
For the love of God, don't forget ALABAMA. :shock:
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Orgeron staying at LSU. Big fan of that
lsu will fire orgeron after 3 years. a horrible decision. he's not better than les miles.

horrible move by texas. great for strong to get out of there.

you have to give these guys more than 3 years. its completely absurd to expect a total rebuild by that time.
The biggest criticism of Orgeron is that nobody really knows what kind of offense he's going to run... which was the same reason Miles was fired.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Orgeron wants Kiffin as his OC.
And Kiffin will start stabbing him in the back :38 seconds after walking on campus
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
I would be very surprised if Kiffin goes. BAMA should be able to match (if so desired), and I don't know how it helps Kiffin in his (presumed) goal to be a head coach (at a good school) again. I think it is more likely that Sark goes to LSU.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I would be very surprised if Kiffin goes. BAMA should be able to match (if so desired), and I don't know how it helps Kiffin in his (presumed) goal to be a head coach (at a good school) again. I think it is more likely that Sark goes to LSU.
its no secret that Saban and Kiffin do not get along. Kiffin wants out as soon as something that is big enough to match his ego is open he's gone. book it.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I would be very surprised if Kiffin goes. BAMA should be able to match (if so desired), and I don't know how it helps Kiffin in his (presumed) goal to be a head coach (at a good school) again. I think it is more likely that Sark goes to LSU.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. Saban and Kiffin haven't exactly gotten along since Kiffin arrived on campus. Saban can be incredibly controlling and Lane has an ego. If Kiffin does join LSU, Ed will basically turn over the entire offense to him. Nick also likes Sark...a lot. I don't think he'll fight with LSU very much.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I heard today that Delaware may be interested in Rocco. That would make less sense than him leaving LU for Richmond, if he left Richmond for Delaware.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]