If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
kiffin is incapable of running the program he wants to at alabama. he has like 0 power. he'll be able to spread his wings at LSU. ogeron can succeed somewhat with kiffin. still won't last long.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I heard today that Delaware may be interested in Rocco.
ballcoach has been reading the Lynchburg paper again. 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I read Richmond paper this morning. There was an interview with Rocco, he speaks of "vision", but doesn't really say much, but one can "read between the lines", and figure it out.
One can look at their stadium size and see problems. I have seen bigger high school stadiums.

But if he left, one would wonder why doesn't he go after a "big school" job outside of FCS.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
#bringroccobacktothemountain #makelibertyaboveaverageagain
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:#bringroccobacktothemountain #makelibertyaboveaverageagain
It can be argued he never would have had to leave if LU had the current AD in place during his tenure
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
So, here's a question...

IF we find out that there's a chance Rocco would consider a return to Liberty, is there a chance we actually make a move?

It would seem that if this situation with Rocco were simply happening this time next year, instead of right now, we would actually make a strong push. I don't think there's a better option than DR and it seems silly to miss an opportunity like this just because the timing isn't perfect.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:So, here's a question...

IF we find out that there's a chance Rocco would consider a return to Liberty, is there a chance we actually make a move?

It would seem that if this situation with Rocco were simply happening this time next year, instead of right now, we would actually make a strong push. I don't think there's a better option than DR and it seems silly to miss an opportunity like this just because the timing isn't perfect.
What's the old saying ? 'In for a pint in for a pound'?
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
If Alabama wins another championship, there is actually a very good chance that Saban would leave (maybe not this year but certainly within a couple of years). Alabama football isn't fun for anyone...besides Alabama fans and it will produce another round of bad ratings for ESPN; they may offer him a lucrative deal just to get him out of coaching. Also, Saban has already told numerous people that he doesn't want to be a "lifer." May still be a couple of years down the road, but this is much closer to happening than people realize or Alabama fans want to admit.

As for who replaces Saban, Swinney is definitely a possibility but I would watch for Jimbo Fisher. He didn't even interview for the LSU job, which is interesting since he was the leading candidate at one point and there has been plenty of talk about his "dissatisfaction" at FSU. The other piece to this puzzle is that Fisher shares the same agent as Nick Saban and Steve Sarkisian. So, did Jimbo not consider LSU because he wasn't interested? Or is it because he was given new information by his agent?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The landscape of college coaching jobs can change rather quickly. Remember Urban Meyer at Florida. He got "burnt-out" or something and left the Gators. When Ohio job came open, he jumped at it. I lost some respect for him when he went to Ohio. Granted it's a good job, but he should have stayed at Florida.
I am an Alabama fan, and I realize Saban could leave at any time. At Alabama if you don't win national championship, it's a bad season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The landscape of college coaching jobs can change rather quickly. Remember Urban Meyer at Florida. He got "burnt-out" or something and left the Gators. When Ohio job came open, he jumped at it. I lost some respect for him when he went to Ohio. Granted it's a good job, but he should have stayed at Florida.
I am an Alabama fan, and I realize Saban could leave at any time. At Alabama if you don't win national championship, it's a bad season.
He was out a couple of years and had legit documented medical issues that were being addressed. If you watch him now compared to his UF days he has a much different demeanor. I would imagine he is probably a tad more hands off as well. I don't begrudge him going to OSU. Not sure why you would lose any respect for him
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I lose respect for anyone who goes to Ohio State,( and several other schools). Granted they get a nice pay raise. But these guys do not have an EBT Card.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I lose respect for anyone who goes to Ohio State,( and several other schools). Granted they get a nice pay raise. But these guys do not have an EBT Card.
:dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Rumor Control says Lane Kiffin will be Houston's next coach. It's pending approval of school president. If true, I hope he stays at Alabama until after the playoffs.

I don't like coaches leaving for another job before season is complete for their current team. There should be a clause in all contracts to prevent this. Too many coaches fly the coop at the sign of $$$$$$$.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]