If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I wish players could leave in FB and BB without penalty if their coach leaves
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
If you're dissatisfied with your job, and a better job with better pay opens up...you don't stay put, unless you have information on an even better job.

I have also seen several reports that Sexton raised Fisher's price (insert joke here) so high that LSU couldn't match. You don't purposefully price someone out of a job unless something better is down the road.

He just lost a coordinator for the second year in a row, and Jeremy Pruitt is a candidate for USF. If he wins another championship, ESPN offers him $8 mil a year and staying at Alabama means he has to replace two coordinators, he's going to consider retirement. There are also reports that he nearly retired in 2015. It may not happen just yet but this is thing is brewing.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Really hoping that PJ Fleck and WMU are able to agree on this new contract. I hate seeing successful small school coaches get snatched up by the big guys year after year. Would love to see Fleck build a perennial powerhouse for a school in an insignificant conference. Will they ever make the playoff? 99.99% chance they will not, but loyalty is a beautiful thing.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Houston passes on Kiftin and promotes Major Applewhite. I applaud both non hires by Houston and who they decided on.
So what's the deal with Kiftin? Who did he tick off at Bama? Has Saban finally had enough of him? Kiftin is looking at USF with pays mid 6 figures. He's using LSU as his back up plan. If I'm LSU, I'd start looking in another direction
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Kiffin to FAU. He really must have plucked Saban's last nerve
Word is that Saban facilitated the move to keep him from taking the OC job at LSU.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There are plenty of rumors about why he is rushing out of town even to a lousy job like FAU. Most refer to his lack of character. Then again, no coordinators seem to want to hang around Saban for long.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sources tell me, Kiffin will remain as OC thru playoffs at Bama. (Roll Tide)

I do not like Coaches jumping ship before season ends, I believe they are under contract.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Sources tell me, Kiffin will remain as OC thru playoffs at Bama. (Roll Tide)

I do not like Coaches jumping ship before season ends, I believe they are under contract.
Apparently everyone had the same sources.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:There are plenty of rumors about why he is rushing out of town even to a lousy job like FAU. Most refer to his lack of character. Then again, no coordinators seem to want to hang around Saban for long.
You are bitter crazy Sly. :lol:
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Apparently, Jamey Chadwell is on Furman's campus today. They have a vacancy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:$300k in Chattanooga isn't terribly much worse than $450k in Richmond.
I'd stay in Chattanooga. Better the headache you know ....
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I didn't know where to put this. But for all intents and purposes Lane Kiffin was fired today. He was told he would not be needed for the National Championship game.
Oops.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]