If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:I'm talking about the way it is being expressed.
Still been around long before ballcoach.

Liberty hates JMU. JMU hates Liberty. It's an in-state rivalry. Have we seen the same success as them? No. Does that make it less of a rivalry? No.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
flamehunter wrote:I'm talking about the way it is being expressed.
Still been around long before ballcoach.

Liberty hates JMU. JMU hates Liberty. It's an in-state rivalry. Have we seen the same success as them? No. Does that make it less of a rivalry? No.
Chill out buddy boy, it was a joke. And the way I see it, it's a one-way rivalry right now.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Chill out buddy boy, it was a joke. And the way I see it, it's a one-way rivalry right now.
I'm quite chill.

Jon, are we jealous of the fact JMU has a NC in football and we don't? You bet. Just like we are jealous of CCU and their NC in baseball.
Just because we aren't Michigan/OSU doesn't mean it's not a rivalry. I can't believe this is a debate.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Chill out buddy boy, it was a joke. And the way I see it, it's a one-way rivalry right now.
I'm quite chill.

Jon, are we jealous of the fact JMU has a NC in football and we don't? You bet. Just like we are jealous of CCU and their NC in baseball.
Just because we aren't Michigan/OSU doesn't mean it's not a rivalry. I can't believe this is a debate.
LU has no rivalry. It USED to be Radford back in the day.
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
I didn't post that because i'm jealous of the PUKES, I couldn't care less what they have won or might win.I just like it when they lose. Iv'e just never had any use for the place. Nick wasn't sure how many tickets he would get for the playoff game so we all bought our tickets and then he came through with about 10. I stood outside and gave away as many as possible to anybody in red that needed a ticket. A very nice dressed guy and a lady came up and said he could use 2 tickets but he wasn't showing any colors so I asked who he was pulling for and he reached in his coat and pulled out the end of a purple scarf. I politely as possible told him I couldn't help him. He replied so it's like that huh, I said it's exactly like that. And proceeded to inform him I would tear them up before I gave them to a jmu fan. It felt a little better because it was a jmu but I would do it to any team we are playing.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote: And proceeded to inform him I would tear them up before I gave them to a jmu fan.
LOVE it!!! :clapping Never give tickets to the enemy. :nono
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I see that 7 JMU players have been suspended from national championship game. Sounds as if the "ole drug test" came back positive in Harrisonburg.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I see that 7 JMU players have been suspended from national championship game. Sounds as if the "ole drug test" came back positive in Harrisonburg.
Youngstown has 4-5 players in the same situation.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Wow. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.
Not sure I'm following this... :dontgetit

People hate JMU for different reasons. Sigmo - I remember seeing you outside the gate for the game, love what you did and would have done the same thing!

As for the rivalry:
I absolutely despise JMU because they are an in-state school, we compete with them in every sport, their student-athletes (particularly football) are arrogant, and their students/alumni are absolute jerks on every level possible. They are a deplorable people who feel entitled to treat everyone else like dog feces. Is there a small minority of nice people at JMU? No, they simply do not exist.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Virginia alumni often say that JMU stands for "just missed UVa." Study
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:

People hate JMU for different reasons. Sigmo - I remember seeing you outside the gate for the game, love what you did and would have done the same thing!

As for the rivalry:
I absolutely despise JMU because they are an in-state school, we compete with them in every sport, their student-athletes (particularly football) are arrogant, and their students/alumni are absolute jerks on every level possible. They are a deplorable people who feel entitled to treat everyone else like dog feces. Is there a small minority of nice people at JMU? No, they simply do not exist.
Ha. I know several nice JMU folks
As for a rivalry, I think a key ingredient is to actually play that school on an annual basis over several years. (Two notable exceptions WVU has no need to play the JUCO in Huntington and Kentucky is now apparently too scared to play IU in Bloomington). LU never really played JMU consistently in FB and won't play them again in the foreseeable future.
The closest LU has had to a rival recently despite Jons protest is CCU. If for no other reason than they play football. Other than that, it's not a natural rivalry. If Radford or Longwood had football it WOULD be a natural rivalry.
Try to spin it in a positive note: LU has no rival!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Virginia alumni often say that JMU stands for "just missed UVa." Study
Sorta like 'If you can't go to College, go to Marshall!!' :cheerleader :pbjtime
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Ha. I know several nice JMU folks
As for a rivalry, I think a key ingredient is to actually play that school on an annual basis over several years. (Two notable exceptions WVU has no need to play the JUCO in Huntington and Kentucky is now apparently too scared to play IU in Bloomington). LU never really played JMU consistently in FB and won't play them again in the foreseeable future.
The closest LU has had to a rival recently despite Jons protest is CCU. If for no other reason than they play football. Other than that, it's not a natural rivalry. If Radford or Longwood had football it WOULD be a natural rivalry.
Lies and slander. Now I'm questioning if you're even human.

LU plays JMU every year in every sport except football and basketball. Football is not a prerequisite for a rivalry. It helps no doubt, but it doesn't make or break it.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:

As for the rivalry:
What I'm saying is it is just sports. Just that. They are not mortal combatants we need to wipe off the face of the earth. Try to keep it in perspective in life.
Also, I have a niece and her husband who graduated from JMU and they are terrific people. So there's two.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Ha. I know several nice JMU folks
Lies and slander. Now I'm questioning if you're even human.

LU plays JMU every year in every sport except football and basketball. Football is not a prerequisite for a rivalry. It helps no doubt, but it doesn't make or break it.
Love the enthusiasm
Football and Basketball would also be the 2nd ingredient in a rivalry. Especially Football
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I despise every school in Virginia except Liberty, Virginia Tech , VMI and Hampton University.

The JMU, Radfords and Longwoods of the world could all fold and it wouldn't bother me.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My only regret is that JMU isn't academic enough to field a Quiz Bowl team. Study
By sigmo7
Registration Days Posts
I wish no ill will for any player,fan,employee of any team other than hoping you lose. "If your'e not with me, you're against me" is my motto. I will not apologize or feel bad about it. I know it's just a game but as long as they keep score I wanna win.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
sigmo7 wrote:I wish no ill will for any player,fan,employee of any team other than hoping you lose. "If your'e not with me, you're against me" is my motto. I will not apologize or feel bad about it. I know it's just a game but as long as they keep score I wanna win.
I hope it goes without saying that none of us on this board actually wish ill will toward any opponent.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]