If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
We don't talk much about broadcasters outside of Liberty (and SCAR of course lol) much around here, but I thought Id start a little something here because one of the greatest voices of our time, and one of the voices that inspired me to get into broadcasting, Vin Scully, is calling his final home series for the Los Angeles Dodgers this weekend after 67 years as the voice that welcomed Dodger fans to Ebbets Field and later Dodger Stadium...He also was there to witness "The Catch" by Dwight Clark in the NFC Championship Game in 1982 and a host of seminal baseball moments (that's his voice you hear on the Bill Buckner play in 1986).
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
It got a little misty in here when I watched the tribute last night. A legend and absolutely one of the best broadcasters of all time. I will be watching tomorrow night. I believe his final game is October 2nd.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Yup, he gets to call the final series against the San Francisco Giants...Im hopeful that ESPN makes that game the Sunday Night game personally...I think it would be quite an honor to have him in front of a national TV audience one last time
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sad that one of the greatest broadcast voices of our time, and an inspiration to so many young broadcasters (this one included), could not call one more Dodgers victory today. Its too bad he decided not to call any postseason games because I would have loved to hear him call one more World Series game
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He had a great career so unless he was forced out I don't think there is anything to be sad about. Just celebrate the career he had.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Sad that one of the greatest broadcast voices of our time, and an inspiration to so many young broadcasters (this one included), could not call one more Dodgers victory today. Its too bad he decided not to call any postseason games because I would have loved to hear him call one more World Series game
While you were writing that, Vin Scully tweeted this:
"Don't be sad that it's over, smile because it happened."
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Class...pure 100% class from the man...same way he has always operated for the last 67 years. I have listened to his final call dozens of times and it made me smile each and every time...and it gave me chills too.

In the midst of all that, another of my great legendary broadcast influences, Dick Enberg, called his final game as the voice of the San Diego Padres. I remember watching him as part of the A-broadcast team when NBC had the weekly NFL contract before Fox got into broadcasting it in I think 1994.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
One of the reasons why Vin had such an incredible career was that he very rarely used "I" or "me".
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Such a rare quality in broadcasting today
Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by So[…]