If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The ACC has caved in towards political correctness and is moving ACC football and baseball championships out of North Carolina. This is a very bad move in my opinion. I hope City of Charlotte sues the ACC. Just because someone does not know which bathroom to use, should not cause a ball game to be moved.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The ACC has caved in towards political correctness and is moving ACC football and baseball championships out of North Carolina. This is a very bad move in my opinion. I hope City of Charlotte sues the ACC. Just because someone does not know which bathroom to use, should not cause a ball game to be moved.
Or, maybe the state shouldn't have passed such an asinine bill that pretty much guaranteed an enormous negative financial impact. We are losing out on hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars because of the stubbornness of our current legislation.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Oh, the stubbornness is on the legislature's side. Okay.
Read the bill. It ties multiple-party bathrooms/locker rooms to biological sex (SCIENCE!), allows for and even encourages alternate accommodations, such as single-person facilities, and then the great majority of the bill is actually anti-discriminatory provisions.

This law does not actually change anything, what it does is prevent dangerous situations from occurring.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:No, it doesn't. People can have their biological sex changed on their birth certificate and be fine, but that'a a lengthy and unnecessary process.
Yep it's always better to have the vast majority bend to accommodate the minuscule minority than for those who want special treatment to go out of their way to get it. :roll:
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Science doesn't lie: there are two sexes and only two sexes.

Having said that, the law is stupid.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
jbock13 wrote:Science doesn't lie: there are two sexes and only two sexes.

Yep.
I agree that the law is stupid. Nikki Haley took the right approach in SC.
jbock13 wrote:Science doesn't lie: there are two sexes and only two sexes.

This is the truest post in this thread.

The law is stupid.

The corporate morality police is stupid.

The whole thing is just dumb.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:It was an unneeded law based out of fear of something that might happen that wasn't actually happening. Transgender people have been going to the bathroom in peace for decades and no one was the wiser to it.
Exactly. They aren't the ones who are abducting or molesting kids in the restrooms. The actual molesters will ignore the law anyway.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:It was an unneeded law based out of fear of something that might happen that wasn't actually happening. Transgender people have been going to the bathroom in peace for decades and no one was the wiser to it.
So true.

Some people act like if you think the law is stupid then you must be condoning homosexuality which is simply ridiculous.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
First, this law was in reaction to the City of Charlotte imposing their own transgender-friendly edict. So there actually was a need for it.
You don't seem to realize you just contradicted yourself. It's not happening, but it's been happening for decades anyway! And the thing you initially say wasn't actually happening...well, it's actually happening quite often now. If you want, I can link some examples.

And the logic here is just flummoxing. If a man was caught in a women's restroom, status quo is that they would be arrested and charged. So even if it's been happening for decades as you guys claim (which you have NO evidence for), it's been happening illegally. Charlotte said "No, we can't have that, anyone can use any bathroom or locker room or shower they want, regardless of the obvious consequences." The state came in to reinforce the status quo and protect its citizens and common sense (and SCIENCE!, don't forget SCIENCE!). Mind you, this only applies to government-owned properties, so the effect is pretty small.

Adam, to say perps will just "ignore the law anyway" as reason to not have a law, well, that's just....

Postman, this has nothing to do with condoning or condemning homosexuality. None of these arguments actually speak to the law.
thepostman wrote:What he is referring to is transgender people using their preferred bathroom aren't actually mollesting children which is what some people say will happen if they don't pass laws to prevent it.
Right. People who have already transitioned look, act, and think like what they transitioned to. They've been using the bathroom of their chosen gender for decades and no one knew it was going on. The people who have transitioned aren't going to be preying on the people these laws try to protect.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:First, this law was in reaction to the City of Charlotte imposing their own transgender-friendly edict. So there actually was a need for it.
You don't seem to realize you just contradicted yourself. It's not happening, but it's been happening for decades anyway! And the thing you initially say wasn't actually happening...well, it's actually happening quite often now. If you want, I can link some examples.

And the logic here is just flummoxing. If a man was caught in a women's restroom, status quo is that they would be arrested and charged. So even if it's been happening for decades as you guys claim (which you have NO evidence for), it's been happening illegally. Charlotte said "No, we can't have that, anyone can use any bathroom or locker room or shower they want, regardless of the obvious consequences." The state came in to reinforce the status quo and protect its citizens and common sense (and SCIENCE!, don't forget SCIENCE!). Mind you, this only applies to government-owned properties, so the effect is pretty small.

Adam, to say perps will just "ignore the law anyway" as reason to not have a law, well, that's just....

Postman, this has nothing to do with condoning or condemning homosexuality. None of these arguments actually speak to the law.
We're never going to agree on this one. I'm okay with that.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
thepostman wrote:What he is referring to is transgender people using their preferred bathroom aren't actually mollesting children which is what some people say will happen if they don't pass laws to prevent it.
Right. People who have already transitioned look, act, and think like what they transitioned to. They've been using the bathroom of their chosen gender for decades and no one knew it was going on. The people who have transitioned aren't going to be preying on the people these laws try to protect.
Jon, you are making a heck of a lot of assumptions there. Broad sweeping statements that have no foundation of truth. Would you make this same statement about any other group of persons? I wouldn't.

In addition, these laws (like Charlotte issued) don't just give permission to your safe and saintly transgendered individuals, but anybody. So what do we do? Say only women and transgender men can use a ladies' room? Well, we've already destroyed the fact of gender, so we can't do that. And even if we did, we would still be discriminating against straight, cisgender men. It's plain to see that most of you guys have not really thought through what is happening here, and what the implications are.
its dumb for both sides. the comments by the NC government officials was stupid. I'm mad cause I don't get to go to Durham this year for ACC baseball championships which will now likely be in a terrible venue. That Baseball tourney was probably the best conference tourney I've ever experience working with. The ACC is being dumb because now they have to scramble to find a host and I'm hoping and praying its Atlanta or nashville otherwise its going to be a crap shoot.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Poop wherever you are want. Problem solved.
This.

Personally, the best thing about being a libertarian is to make everybody upset on every issue. Maybe I enjoy that too much. :)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]