If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

jbock13 wrote:
adam42381 wrote:Poop wherever you are want. Problem solved.
This.

Personally, the best thing about being a libertarian is to make everybody upset on every issue. Maybe I enjoy that too much. :)
I just had my 2nd experience sharing a bathroom with the opposite gender. Let's say it was beyond awkward. I don't suffer from stage fright but knowing there is a young girl in the stall next to you is a bit off putting. Can't imagine trying to pinch a loaf!
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
So, from what I gather, the main arguments are:

Stupid. This. :exactly

Dumb. This. :nod

Pooping, no big deal. Exactly.

Good engagement guys, you're so close to having me convinced.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:So, from what I gather, the main arguments are:

We know that you - and a lot of others - aren't going to be convinced. It's like trying to convince PH that Trump is a bad candidate.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
My argument is I know I have used a Public restroom at the same time as someone of the opposite gender who was much younger. I have no idea, but would wager I have, shared a bathroom with a Transgender person
Baseball will either be in Gwinnett(atlanta) or Jacksonville(where it was previous to Durham). Gwinnett put in a big to host when they moved from Jacksonville several years ago. but they didn't get it. rumor is that those are the two most logical places from a facilities standpoint.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts

Out of all the sexual assaults that have happened - ever - how many have occurred in co-ed public bathrooms? Its like putting up a "gun free zone," sign at a school and expecting a mass murderer to obey it. HB2 is trying to fix a problem that never needed fixing because it didn't exist.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: Out of all the sexual assaults that have happened - ever - how many have occurred in co-ed public bathrooms?
So this is your standard, right? Not only do we have to use the % from the number of sexual assaults *EVER*, but specifically in co-ed public bathrooms.

As a reminder, this is a response to the city of Charlotte changing the law, which would have had consequences and put people in increased danger.
BYD pretty much hit it on the head for me. The NCAA is playing sjw here when they have much larger fish to fry in that it seems to openly be ok with sexual abuse. It def is hypocritical.

But also good on NC for standing up for their principals in this. Most other states would of kowtowed to the NCAA. Charlotte made its own bed.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts

You don't have to poop on everybody who disagrees with you.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
You didn't get the joke
By LUDad
BuryYourDuke wrote:It's not the transgender folks that are the problem. If you are truly trans, no one is going to know you are there. The problem is that there is then no standard at all. I can have a beard, wear men's clothing, and walk into a women's room, and no one can stop me. Why? Because how can they tell me what I identify as today. This is absolute madness. It's not the bathroom issue really (although there are obvious, and already documented issues with sexual predators exploiting this). It's the absolute destruction of any standards regarding sex/gender. It's going to absolutely destroy Girls' and Women's athletics. Ironically they will use Title IX to do it. Once people realize the easy ticket to a scholarship is to start playing against girls, it's done. Once teenage boys realize all they have to do to go in the girls' locker room is say they identify as a girl, not actually live as one, our children's privacy is gone. The evolving nature of this issue dictates that gender isn't just self identified, it's fluid. A boy may show up to school and feel like a girl today. Tomorrow, back to being a boy. This isn't about going to the bathroom as much as it is about kicking in the door on the remaining underpinnings of western civilization.
NCAA rule on Transgender participation...

Any transgender student-athlete who is not taking hormone treatment related to gender transition may participate in sex-separated sports activities........in accordance with his or her assigned birth gender. (READ, "correct plumbing).

• A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who is not taking testosterone related to gender transition may participate on a men’s or women’s team.
• A trans female (MTF) transgender student-athlete who is not taking hormone treatments related to gender transition may not compete on a women’s team.

NCAA was attempting to keep someone from taking unfair liberties/advantages when making this rule. So was NC in passing HB2. The NCAA is so hipocritical.
By LUDad
Purple Haize wrote:The IOC has changed their gender threshold policy. The NCAA will most likely soon have to follow suit
The issue now is that the NCAA & the ACC have stepped in and made a political statement through their boycott. What's next? Will they now need to address the correct posture/procedure to follow during the National Anthem? Can we now assume that the NCAA is in agreement with China's human rights policies when they sale their wares to that country without taking a stand against those policies? Totally, hipocritical.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/04/01/nca ... se-market/
We are all part of the same hypocrisy if you are going to take it to that extremes. LU is part of the NCAA. Where was the shirt made you wore today?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:We are all part of the same hypocrisy if you are going to take it to that extremes. LU is part of the NCAA. Where was the shirt made you wore today?
Yeah, just look where "The Donald's" MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! junk comes from. :lol:
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:We are all part of the same hypocrisy if you are going to take it to that extremes. LU is part of the NCAA. Where was the shirt made you wore today?
Yeah, just look where "The Donald's" MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! junk comes from. :lol:
A kiosk at the flea market?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Completely different point. But thanks for chiming in!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
Completely different point. But thanks for chiming in!
Anytime. :lol:
By LUDad
Purple Haize wrote:
jbock13 wrote:
adam42381 wrote:Poop wherever you are want. Problem solved.
This.

Personally, the best thing about being a libertarian is to make everybody upset on every issue. Maybe I enjoy that too much. :)
I just had my 2nd experience sharing a bathroom with the opposite gender. Let's say it was beyond awkward. I don't suffer from stage fright but knowing there is a young girl in the stall next to you is a bit off putting. Can't imagine trying to pinch a loaf!
Awkward? Wait till they join you at the urinal :D
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]