If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
What an opening weekend! Three Top 10 teams go down and another barely survived. My son is still shaking after seeing the Horns finish off the Irish. The past few days have been a reminder of how much has been missed in the last 8 months without the sport.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I really was conflicted during the texas/ND game. In one respect I absolutely hate ND. I have for years but then again I love when Texas loses just so I can read Sly's excuses. Haha

Texas looks much improved and were fun to watch. Too bad they don't play Houston this year.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:What an opening weekend! Three Top 10 teams go down and another barely survived. My son is still shaking after seeing the Horns finish off the Irish. The past few days have been a reminder of how much has been missed in the last 8 months without the sport.
Agreed!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It was great to see Okahoma and Notre Dame lose. Now I want to see Michigan and Ohio State lose a couple. Long live the SEC and ACC.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The ACC should stop being in love with ND. I not like the deal that ND plays 5 ACC teams a season. ND should be forced to join big 10. This should have happened several years ago. But the NCAA gives ND favors because They won one for the Gipper years ago.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The ACC should stop being in love with ND. I not like the deal that ND plays 5 ACC teams a season. ND should be forced to join big 10. This should have happened several years ago. But the NCAA gives ND favors because They won one for the Gipper years ago.
Why should ND be forced to do anything. You are a borderline Facist aren't you :twisted:
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:The ACC should stop being in love with ND. I not like the deal that ND plays 5 ACC teams a season. ND should be forced to join big 10. This should have happened several years ago. But the NCAA gives ND favors because They won one for the Gipper years ago.
Why should ND be forced to do anything. You are a borderline Facist aren't you :twisted:
I agree. ND shouldn't be "forced" to do anything. They should just be ineligible for the playoffs if they don't join a conference.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The thing that burns me, is when I read "Conference Commissioners AND NOTRE DAME ATHLETIC DIRECTOR meet with NCAA.
The NCAA give ND AD equal power has conference commissioners.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The thing that burns me, is when I read "Conference Commissioners AND NOTRE DAME ATHLETIC DIRECTOR meet with NCAA.
Actually, no Since ND is not in a conference, who do you suggest represent them Touchdown Jesus :dontgetit

The NCAA is well aware that Swarbrick represents just one school while the commissioners represent between 10 and 14 each Oh, I forgot you are on record as saying that ND should be "forced" to join the Big 10 My bad
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Some schools receive extra love in the polls. Texas is one of them. Some folks have already anointed the Longhorns national Champions. Never heard of a school going from unranked to 11th in one week. Normally schools like that sneak into polls at #25. I wish Tx and ND would lose al remaining games. I not like them. same for Michigan and Ohio State and all PAC 12 schools.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I agree that the jump was higher than expected. Part of that came from the emotion of the game on a Sunday night carrying into the balloting. The big issue last season for the Horns was anemic offense. The new scheme and true freshman QB seem to be alleviating that concern.

Houston's jump was legit. They dominated the Sooners.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:The thing that burns me, is when I read "Conference Commissioners AND NOTRE DAME ATHLETIC DIRECTOR meet with NCAA.
Actually, no Since ND is not in a conference, who do you suggest represent them Touchdown Jesus :dontgetit

The NCAA is well aware that Swarbrick represents just one school while the commissioners represent between 10 and 14 each Oh, I forgot you are on record as saying that ND should be "forced" to join the Big 10 My bad
ND will never be National Champs or legitimate contenders again because the covered up Touchdown Jesus
LU could learn something and have a Touchdown Jerry
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of FSU fans, we haven't heard from 4everfsu in almost a year I know he had health issues, and I hope he is still around
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Speaking of FSU fans, we haven't heard from 4everfsu in almost a year I know he had health issues, and I hope he is still around
PROTO is a huge FSU fan
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
From the FCS, Rocco and the Spiders took one on the chin from our former conference mate Stony Brook 42-14
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]