If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This should be interesting
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I didn't misspell his name on purpose. It was an AutoCorrect thing
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
the best thing about it is that he's been doing it all preseason. and at pressers he's wearing malcom x stuff and castro stuff and no one noticed...until he TOLD the reporters that he was doing it.

HEY GUYS OVER HERE IM PROTESTING!!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:the best thing about it is that he's been doing it all preseason. and at pressers he's wearing malcom x stuff and castro stuff and no one noticed...until he TOLD the reporters that he was doing it.

HEY GUYS OVER HERE IM PROTESTING!!!
Really? That is interesting information. I will have to look into that
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
can you imagine if he'd done this because he opposed the us acceptance of gay marriage. the same people praising his 1st amendment rights woudl be crucifying him right now.

#gomedia
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
To be snide: He mentioned people being murdered unjustly. Which begs the question of justified murder
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Klapper what ever he is, should be suspended by the NFL for life. He's always been a classless act. Thousands of servicemen have died defending our nation for him to show total disrespect for the flag and national anthem. If he plays anothr down, fans should boycott all 49er games.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Klapper what ever he is, should be suspended by the NFL for life. He's always been a classless act. Thousands of servicemen have died defending our nation for him to show total disrespect for the flag and national anthem. If he plays anothr down, fans should boycott all 49er games.
Why? What rule did he violate? Did he break a law? Was he involved in a murder? Beat his wife?
I think what he did rates 99 out of 100 on the d------Baggery scale. But he has every right to do it. And I have every right to think he's an idiot, which I do. Especially showing up in a Castro shirt talking about how bad America is when it comes to oppression. I am not even sure what he is specifically protesting nor am I sure he is either. If he's upset about Police brutality, OK. But how does disrespecting US Service men and women help? What did my family in the Armed Forces do to oppress 'African - Americans and People of Color'? (Apparently those are 2 separate categories)
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Klapper what ever he is, should be suspended by the NFL for life. He's always been a classless act. Thousands of servicemen have died defending our nation for him to show total disrespect for the flag and national anthem. If he plays anothr down, fans should boycott all 49er games.
Come on ballcoach, it's not like he criticized gays or something.
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote:'African - Americans and People of Color'? (Apparently those are 2 separate categories)
Do you seriously not know the difference in the two?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:'African - Americans and People of Color'? (Apparently those are 2 separate categories)
Do you seriously not know the difference in the two?
I would think 'People of Color' would cover both groups. It works for the NAACP
Had he said 'and other...' that would make sense.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Come on ballcoach, it's not like he criticized gays or something.
Yeah, imagine if he had referred to an opposing coach as "transgender, or whatever she\it is"
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
alright so everyone go look at their CD collection. If you are my age, after a few flips, you are going to see a Tori Amos cd in there, a 10,000 maniacs cd in there....ooooh heres luscious jackson.

why are they there? because these cd's are your "sit down for the anthem." you were trying to get with a lady friend. thats all this is. his lady friend is like a blm muslim activist.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:alright so everyone go look at their CD collection. If you are my age, after a few flips, you are going to see a Tori Amos cd in there, a 10,000 maniacs cd in there....ooooh heres luscious jackson.

why are they there? because these cd's are your "sit down for the anthem." you were trying to get with a lady friend. thats all this is. his lady friend is like a blm muslim activist.
Um no. Natalie Merchant was smokin hot THATS why I have a 10,000 Maniacs CD! Now some other ones.....
But I just saw the stuff on his GF and it all makes sense. You do you Colin.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:alright so everyone go look at their CD collection. If you are my age, after a few flips, you are going to see a Tori Amos cd in there, a 10,000 maniacs cd in there....ooooh heres luscious jackson.

There is likely a lot of truth to that, and I have to give him credit for the fact that in a world where he could take his pick from a selection of hotties based simply on the fact he is an NFL QB (for the time being anyway) he seems to be focused on someone he actually needs to try to impress in other ways (although she is easy on the eyes) Very noble of him

On another note, I think the social media response of a lot of active military is interesting They pretty much say that freedoms like Colin's right to sit are exactly what they are fighting for, so they don't have a big problem with it Family and friends of military are another matter
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Given his criteria, is the any national flag on earth that Colin would stand for?

And which one of you guys is logging in as ballcoach15? I remain convinced that it's a parody account just to troll flamefans.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I concur...and how the heck was he not banned for his comments about the Longwood coach?
By Jonathan Carone
olldflame wrote:On another note, I think the social media response of a lot of active military is interesting They pretty much say that freedoms like Colin's right to sit are exactly what they are fighting for, so they don't have a big problem with it Family and friends of military are another matter
This has been one of the most interesting parts of this to me. Like in so many other cases, people who aren't directly impacted are more offended than those who are impacted. I know there are military people who don't like what Kaepernick did, but the overwhelming response of "this is actually what we're fighting for" from the military has been telling.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I am active duty military and most I have come into contact with think he is an idiot but also realize he has that right and are glad he does. It is what makes our country special.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]