If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Bring it here

Who knew there were this many countries?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The spotlight events are going to be in primetime.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:The spotlight events are going to be in primetime.
You again prove your mettle as Capt Obvious
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Glad to be of service...that was more for Mr Bored above me...

Meanwhile the Americans win the first gold of the games in 10m air rifle...given any sport to train in for 4 years and try to win a gold medal Id probably choose one of the air rifle disciplines
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Every Olympics BJ brings up his air rifle prowess. But has anyone ever seen him shoot? :dontgetit

And no surprise that a WVU student won a gold medal in the rifle competition. Heck, even their buckskin clad Mountaineer mascot carries a long rifle to football games.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
To answer your question cider no one on here has seen me shoot. Based on my past experience it would definitely take some time to get back in the swing of things but I think with practice I could do very well
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Every Olympics BJ brings up his air rifle prowess. But has anyone ever seen him shoot? :dontgetit

And no surprise that a WVU student won a gold medal in the rifle competition. Heck, even their buckskin clad Mountaineer mascot carries a long rifle to football games.

We are always ready to invade Tennessee if need arises!!
Let's hope those Olympians from Marshall come through......
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Yes she is a WVU student, but she is a Virginia resident and was the top junior shooter in the nation three years ago, well before going to mountaineer country. Her first shooting experience was five years ago when she bagged a whitetail while hunting with her dad. I think that's awesome.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Apparently the US Me s gymnastics team sucks at the pommel horse

What's up with the PC cultural diversity stories on the Women's gymnastics team? They are supposed to be the best ever with the best gymnast ever. Who cares what their racial make up is
Ditto Michael Phelps leading the American delegation. Can we just recognize that the guy has more medals than ANYONe and that's a solid criteria? Good grief.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Apparently the US Me s gymnastics team sucks at the pommel horse

What's up with the PC cultural diversity stories on the Women's gymnastics team? They are supposed to be the best ever with the best gymnast ever. Who cares what their racial make up is
Ditto Michael Phelps leading the American delegation. Can we just recognize that the guy has more medals than ANYONe and that's a solid criteria? Good grief.
It's amazing. I was watching the Nigeria-Japan soccer game (2-2 after 11 minutes!), and, you know, not a whole lot of diversity represented on those teams.

Or the US Men's basketball team, for that matter.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Apparently the US Me s gymnastics team sucks at the pommel horse

It's amazing. I was watching the Nigeria-Japan soccer game (2-2 after 11 minutes!), and, you know, not a whole lot of diversity represented on those teams.

Or the US Men's basketball team, for that matter.
There are some light skinned and dark skinned guys on the hoops squad, get out of here with that lack of diversity nonsense!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey Sly...Simone Manuel ties for gold in the 100 freestyle and sets an Olympic record as well...repping Sugar Land, TX
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Two African-American girls from Greater Houston collected golds for the first time in US history in their events on the same day. Pretty cool. I covered the Sugar Land Simone at the state meet for Fox Sports a few years back. The more familiar gymnast is a homeschooler who grew up around the corner from us. When my girls were taking gymnastics years ago as little girls, Simone would be on the other side of the gym going crazy things for a 10-year-old. The only reason why she didn't sweep the golds at teh 2012 Games in London is that she wasn't old enought o qualify. She was the best in the world even back then.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]