If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Deadspin wrote:NDSU Effectively Bans Media From Covering Bison Sports Unless They Paid For Rights

Timothy Burke
Saturday 1:30pm

North Dakota State is cutting off outlets from covering Bison athletics unless they’ve paid a media rights ransom, according to local Fargo newspaper The Forum.

University administrators, apparently feeling they hadn’t yet gotten rich enough off unpaid student-athlete labor, are going so far as to ban blogging during games from non-partner media members. Also banned? Covering press conferences live, hosting any live programs from NDSU’s campus, or interviewing coaches.
Click Here for Full Story

Did anyone hear about this? Genius! Sounds like an idea you would hear from a SMGT class :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:
Deadspin wrote:NDSU Effectively Bans Media From Covering Bison Sports Unless They Paid For Rights

Timothy Burke
Saturday 1:30pm

North Dakota State is cutting off outlets from covering Bison athletics unless they’ve paid a media rights ransom, according to local Fargo newspaper The Forum.

University administrators, apparently feeling they hadn’t yet gotten rich enough off unpaid student-athlete labor, are going so far as to ban blogging during games from non-partner media members. Also banned? Covering press conferences live, hosting any live programs from NDSU’s campus, or interviewing coaches.
Click Here for Full Story

Did anyone hear about this? Genius! Sounds like an idea you would hear from a SMGT class :D
Hey now!
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
Haha I was waiting for you take the bait. I heard this on a Tampa station this morning and figured this would've been a benefit to us during this past year's football season. One of my questions though with this is lets say a media member pays the specific amount to interview an individual player. Do the coaches have a say in making that player available for the interview?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:Haha I was waiting for you take the bait. I heard this on a Tampa station this morning and figured this would've been a benefit to us during this past year's football season. One of my questions though with this is lets say a media member pays the specific amount to interview an individual player. Do the coaches have a say in making that player available for the interview?
Ha. I took nothing! I'm not even sure this is a good idea. I can see the thinking but not sure it even makes sense Yes NDak doesn't have a lot of sports options but it also doesn't have a lot of deep pockets to interview players. Considering TV contracts are getting smaller and ESPN is pinching pennies I don't see how this will work. But I wasn't in on the discussion. I'm sure every other school in America will take a look at it though
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The NCAA should ban NDS from post season. Any school should be happy media is covering their program. making media pay might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of, pertaining to coverage.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The NCAA should ban NDS from post season. Any school should be happy media is covering their program. making media pay might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of, pertaining to coverage.
I love how ballcoach frequently appoints the NCAA as his personal Gestapo to step in and right the most egregious of wrongs (in other words, anything he doesn't like)

Pretty arrogant stuff from NDSU though I wonder how their guy managed to keep a straight face when he said everybody is doing it
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The NCAA is the worst run organization in sports.
if you really believe that, I would think you would want them to have less power, not more, but every time you don't like something, you call on the NCAA to fix it
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The NCAA is the worst run organization in sports.
It's the worst run organization in sports and you want it to ban a team from the postseason when they didn't break any NCAA rules?

:dontgetit

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]