If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Agreed...and Im right behind you in points and on a 10 game winning streak. Fantasy football is a strange animal...
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Never lost a game by .04 points before. Fitting for the season I've had.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ouch man...Heading into the final week of games this week there are four teams fighting for three spots in the championship bracket: My Vick In A Box (FFG), Bob's Best Team (flamerbob), MicahK's team (rubbermallet?) and 2 Years Ago Champ. FFG is in the best position because even with a loss he would hold the tiebreaker over two of the other three teams.

The top 8 is pretty well set for this year, but the question I have is...what happened to FBS or Bust? We are looking at the first ever winless team in the history of this board's fantasy football league. With the fact that we did not have a B-League this season, I think we can shelve talk of promotion/relegation for this offseason unless someone wants to take FBS or Bust's spot next year since it looks like he isn't running his team at all.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks proto...a lot of that stems from some good breaks on the waiver wire and a few Sunday and Monday night comebacks. You don't win 10 games in a row without a little luck
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well I limped into the playoffs after back to back losses following a 10 game winning streak and its round 3 with FFG this week. The winner of the matchup is guaranteed no worse than a shot at $5,000 while the loser get's a chance at either $1,000 or $5,000 in the national Yahoo contest.

The biggest winner last week was Flamerbob who jumped all the way to the #2 seed after Sly knocked off FFG.

FBS Or Bust became I believe the first 0-14 team in league history after losing to Johnny U (LUminary)

Good luck to everybody in the fantasy playoffs this week and hopefully some of us get a little green lining our pockets come Wild Card Weekend
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not in the FF league no...Like I said, Yahoo is having a national contest and there will be cash prizes. They have four DFS tournaments: Champion of Champions, Silver Cup, Bronze Cup and Plastic Cup. Depending on where you finish (as long as you don't finish last...sorry FBS or Bust) following the Fantasy playoffs, you will be placed in one of those four brackets and each has a cash prize: $100 top prize for the Plastic Cup, $1,000 top prize for the Bronze Cup, $5,000 top prize for the Silver Cup and $40,000 top prize for the Champion of Champions (why they couldn't make it $50,000 is beyond me). The league champ will go in the Champion of Champions (obviously), league runner up and third will go to the Silver Cup, League fourth-sixth goes to the Bronze Cup and the conso bracket losers would be eligible for the Plastic Cup (along with Sly)

(Edit: Man, I could have done something a little better for post #20,000)
Last edited by BJWilliams on December 24th, 2016, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Rough season. BJ finishes with best record almost exclusively by dominted the points against category. I hit somebody hot nearly every week. Oh well.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was lucky enough to be able to outscore my opponents in a lot of matchups...a number of them actually came down to the last two games of the week and I happened to get a hot player in those matchups
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Like I said FFG, a lot of it has been luck this year. Im glad for Im glad for how I did this year...would I like to win it all? sure! I have only won 1 fantasy title in my history and that was I think 11 years ago (and that took an epic comeback fueled by a Brett Favre performance or the ages), and Ive traditionally been terrible in the board's league over the years so it would be pretty awesome to snag a first place trophy for once (and the shot at $40K is a nice bonus too)

Edit: TJI, Yahoo has Jones listed as Out for Sunday
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
You better hope Cousins throws the ball 50 times with the majority of them going to crowder if you want a chance to beat me this week. winston had a terrible game lol
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
He did but I'm at least going to be gracious regardless of the result...this has been a good season for me...not great finish but I'm pleased with having my best result in a FlameFans/FlamesNation/ASeaOfRed fantasy league of late...and I'll still have a shot at going to the Silver Cup with a win next week
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Barring any ridiculous pick 6 scenario and McManus 50 yard field goal in the next two minutes. I have defended my crown. Micah put up one heck of a fight. Great season guys.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I lost my plastic cup.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]