If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:on my boat there is regularly a massacre of minnows, worms, leeches to satiate my hobby. i don't even eat most of the fish i catch. call me a sadist.

we HAVE humanized our pets way too much. ASPCA commercials just grind my gears considering there are children even in america that are starving to death yet these yokles are too concerned for the feral cat population to give a rip.

THIS.

It is completely okay to call the huminization of pets what it is while disavowing fighting/beating dogs to death.

PH/Jon - I get it. I have loved my dogs growing up and the one I have now. They have always been "a part of the family", but they are dogs. And this is the difference between how we grew up vs. MV. It was equally normal to kill/fight dogs for him as it is for us to love ours and call it family.

The sad part of this story is that people refuse to move on after MV redeemed himself. He has done more than what should have ever been expected of him in terms of dog activism or whatever you want to call it.
Last edited by LUnpretty11 on July 26th, 2016, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:on my boat there is regularly a massacre of minnows, worms, leeches to satiate my hobby. i don't even eat most of the fish i catch. call me a sadist.

we HAVE humanized our pets way too much. ASPCA commercials just grind my gears considering there are children even in america that are starving to death yet these yokles are too concerned for the feral cat population to give a rip.
It grinds my gears how little of that money goes to their cause

But I also agree with your bigger point
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]