If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
For those that aren't from Charlotte or NC, HB2 (House Bill 2 - also known as the "Bathroom Bill") has been under extreme scrutiny from the LGBT and Democratic communities. The outcry has brought Adam Silver to his knees to move the NBA All-Star game out of Charlotte with several cities bidding on the opportunity to host the game in February. This is major news for professional sports, the NBA, the Hornets and the city of Charlotte. The economic impact will be felt in a serious way. Regardless of your stance on the issues, this is very bad news.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... /87395090/
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Silver is worst commissioner in history of sports. He might make Hillary Clinton look good. that's how bad he is.
Silver is almost universally respected and is doing a very good job running the NBA.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Silver is worst commissioner in history of sports. He might make Hillary Clinton look good. that's how bad he is.
I may not agree with the decision because every state probably has some law some don't agree with but silver has the NBA swimming in cash right now. He has done a great job running that league.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Adam Silver is unquestionably the best commissioner in sports right now. With that said, this is an awful decision and a horrible look for the NBA. The city of Charlotte should not be punished for a state issue, even if you disagree with HB2. Additionally, it is poor taste for a commissioner to get into the murky waters of controversial politics. Allowing social political issues to influence major decisions will have ramifications for years to come.
By Jonathan Carone
The NBA is a leading voice in LGBT rights when it comes to major organizations. There's no way they couldn't stay quiet on the issue. However, this is less the NBA making a stand in policy and more of them succumbing to sponsor pressure.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Silver is almost universally respected and is doing a very good job running the NBA.
Plus he's following the guy who was The Guy when it came to Commissioners and not missed a step. Except this one
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The NBA is a leading voice in LGBT rights when it comes to major organizations. There's no way they couldn't stay quiet on the issue. However, this is less the NBA making a stand in policy and more of them succumbing to sponsor pressure.
Can't speak to the sponsor pressures, but the hypocrisy of the decision is quite frustrating. The NBA is expanding its global reach in China, which is one of the most inhumane countries in the world.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Yeah but most Americans don't care about that. Their view of the world is so small.
WNBA
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
The NBA is grandstanding by picking on a small-market, all the while exhibiting small-mindedness, indefensible logic, and blatant hypocrisy. They would never do this in a big market like LA, NY, Chicago, etc. Charlotte's an easy target.
Is Charlotte's arena public or private? Curious, because HB2 only affected government-run facilities. It actually left bathroom policies up to the private business owners.
And as Purple mentioned, it's funny that the NBA has two SEPARATE leagues for DIFFERENT genders. The insanity is just flies in your face with all this stuff.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:The NBA is grandstanding by picking on a small-market, all the while exhibiting small-mindedness, indefensible logic, and blatant hypocrisy. They would never do this in a big market like LA, NY, Chicago, etc. Charlotte's an easy target.
Is Charlotte's arena public or private? Curious, because HB2 only affected government-run facilities. It actually left bathroom policies up to the private business owners.
And as Purple mentioned, it's funny that the NBA has two SEPARATE leagues for DIFFERENT genders. The insanity is just flies in your face with all this stuff.
It's owned by the city of Charlotte.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think Silver is worst Commissioner in sports, and that's saying something, in that Football and baseball do not have good Commissioners. Silver is more liberal than the DNC. Politics have no place in sports. Silver bowed to pressure from the left wing gays and freaks. How can some freak not knowing which bathroom to use, cause an all star game to be moved. NBA should have left game in Charlotte and placed a Porta-John outside arena for the freaks to use.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think Silver is worst Commissioner in sports, and that's saying something, in that Football and baseball do not have good Commissioners. Silver is more liberal than the DNC. Politics have no place in sports. Silver bowed to pressure from the left wing gays and freaks. How can some freak not knowing which bathroom to use, cause an all star game to be moved. NBA should have left game in Charlotte and placed a Porta-John outside arena for the freaks to use.
Being a Liberal doesn't make you a bad commissioner
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote:I think Silver is worst Commissioner in sports, and that's saying something, in that Football and baseball do not have good Commissioners. Silver is more liberal than the DNC. Politics have no place in sports. Silver bowed to pressure from the left wing gays and freaks. How can some freak not knowing which bathroom to use, cause an all star game to be moved. NBA should have left game in Charlotte and placed a Porta-John outside arena for the freaks to use.
This post deserves some type of banning or something. It's embarrassing as a Christian school for us to be calling the LGBT community freaks. We can disagree with a lifestyle and still not insult them.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
we get it but your judgements on here is historically bad.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
whats funny is that charlotte is like liberal city. outside of Duke, its like the Blue hub of the state. You think the red counties are freaking out about this? no. its all the liberals. which is hilarious.

good job nba, you just ticked off a bunch of liberals.

its understandable why the league did this. it literally subsidizes a failing entity known as the wnba or as i like to call it...lesboleague.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:whats funny is that charlotte is like liberal city. outside of Duke, its like the Blue hub of the state. You think the red counties are freaking out about this? no. its all the liberals. which is hilarious.

good job nba, you just ticked off a bunch of liberals.

its understandable why the league did this. it literally subsidizes a failing entity known as the wnba or as i like to call it...lesboleague.
2 things.

1. Ballcoach15 should be panned/suspended or at the very least have his post removed. There should be no patience or acceptance of what was said regardless of how much you disagree with someone else's lifestyle.

2. Unfortunately RM, the liberals aren't ticked about the All-Star game moving. In theory, yes they are because nobody wants the All-Star game to move, but they are more accepting and understanding of it than anything else. In fact, most of them agree wholeheartedly with the decision even though it is bad for the City/State. As someone who lives in Charlotte and whose boss is running for a Democratic HoR seat, I hear the left side all day long and the libs are uber-ticked at McCrory and blame him alone.

The incredible thing about all of this is that people are blaming the Governor for a decision made by the NBA. Flip side of the argument is the NBA wouldn't HAVE to make the decision had it not been for HB2 to begin with. I not here to debate whether Silver is a liberal, but this decision was not made from his conscience rather than to uphold an appearance and maintain sponsorship $$$$ and keep the revenue streams flowing. Not to mention, the last thing Silver wants are a bunch of protesters outside the arena of one of his teams causing a scene when the world is watching.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: I think Silver is worst Commissioner in sports, and that's saying something, in that Football and baseball do not have good Commissioners. Silver is more liberal than the DNC. Politics have no place in sports. Silver bowed to pressure from the left wing gays and freaks. How can some freak not knowing which bathroom to use, cause an all star game to be moved. NBA should have left game in Charlotte and placed a Porta-John outside arena for the freaks to use.
This post deserves some type of banning or something. It's embarrassing as a Christian school for us to be calling the LGBT community freaks. We can disagree with a lifestyle and still not insult them.
He absolutely needs to be banned. This isn't the first time he's said offensive things around here. Here's what he said about Longwood's coach:
ballcoach15 wrote: Softball is only sport they have done good in, but I still do not like them. If they went undefeated or not win a game, I would feel same way about them. I do not like their transgender coach or whatever she/he is called.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Y'all need to go to your safe spaces. I don't like what he said either, nor do I like what a lot of you say at times. But I'm not crying for someone to be banned. Save that for your leftwing websites. We should all be grown ups here. Criticize him for what he said, he deserves it. But for crying out loud get, over your pious, holier than thou attitudes and grow up. Snowflake generation.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]