If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
It's not a one time thing. It's a blatant lack of regard for people who believe differently than him.

It's also not about being snowflakes. If any board in the country should be above saying those things it should be this one.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Y'all need to go to your safe spaces. I don't like what he said either, nor do I like what a lot of you say at times. But I'm not crying for someone to be banned. Save that for your leftwing websites. We should all be grown ups here. Criticize him for what he said, he deserves it. But for crying out loud get, over your pious, holier than thou attitudes and grow up. Snowflake generation.
You're wrong.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
by that definition checkers should be unbanned. free speech has consequences, personal attacks isn't cool and i would expect coming from christians they would agree.

personal attacks is not disagreeing with social issues. you can disagree without calling them freaks :roll:
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
banning is pretty stupid unless a guy is a serious troll or spamming the forums. i'm not overtly a fan of calling transgenders freaks but i also can't say i've never been in a situation where i've said such a thing.
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote:Read Matthew 12:30.

One cannot straddle the fence, when it comes to "social issues".
It's possible to have a conviction on something and still speak into it with love and grace.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Read Matthew 12:30.

One cannot straddle the fence, when it comes to "social issues".
It's possible to have a conviction on something and still speak into it with love and grace.
I don't always agree with Jon, but he is right here.

Also, this has literally NOTHING to do with safe spaces, which are ridiculous and stupid.

No one on this board should be so loose and crass when talking about other people. Regardless of what you think about them. Taking 1 Scripture out of context does nothing for your justification. Also, you will never find one verse in the Bible that addresses homosexuals/transgenders/prostitutes as "freaks".

Let me rant a little: Individuals who decide they want a gender change deal with deep psychological gender identity issues - this is a real scientific issue. People actually believe they should be a different gender and they may not necessarily know why. This is truly a psychological issue and is not close to deserving of slinging crass or degrading comments. I'm not for safe spaces or anything of the like, but degrading another human because of issues they deal with is flat wrong. Unfortunately, we live in a culture that confuses these people more than it helps them, which is why the transgender issue has exploded over the last several years. I do not agree with the LGBT community in the slightest, but let's not demean or degrade because they associate themselves as such. There is a huge difference between disagreeing respectfully and being a true bigot. Let's make sure we act and speak with grace when making the decision.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Y'all need to go to your safe spaces. I don't like what he said either, nor do I like what a lot of you say at times. But I'm not crying for someone to be banned. Save that for your leftwing websites. We should all be grown ups here. Criticize him for what he said, he deserves it. But for crying out loud get, over your pious, holier than thou attitudes and grow up. Snowflake generation.
You're wrong.
I disagree.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I never agree with banning people. People are free to make themselves look foolish.
I agree. Peoples thoughts and ideas stand on their own. Trolls should be banned for being idiots but people expressing opinions are fine
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:I never agree with banning people. People are free to make themselves look foolish.
That's why I added the some type of and the something. I don't think it deserves a forever ban but a week "suspension" or something like that could work. It makes us all, and our school, but look bad when there's stuff like that on here.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Feel free to disagree with people. Stop trying to censor others, even if you don't like what they say. There is a term for that, cultural Marxism.

Feel free to tell him why you think he is wrong (as some of you have).
I agree. I'm glad you all are running this site now.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Feel free to disagree with people. Stop trying to censor others, even if you don't like what they say. There is a term for that, cultural Marxism.

Says the guy running a board with a #!@& profanity filter.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:

Says the guy running a board with a #!@& profanity filter.
No #!@& crap
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
censoring thoughts vs censoring obscene language are two totally different things. to even mention it is absurd. not surprised the difference is unnoticed though.
By Neo
If this board starts censoring thoughts & ideas, it may as well sell to LU. Isn't that what the Admin of the school wants to force this site to do anyway?
By Jonathan Carone
I don't think anyone's suggesting censoring thoughts and ideas. What I was suggesting is some form of repercussions when a poster has multiple posts that cross the line in attacking a people group.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
The repercussions should be immediate and harsh criticism from those on here who disagree. That doesn't mean resorting to the same level of name calling as the offender, but thoughtfully explaining why they are wrong. If enough people come down on them, perhaps they will eventually "see the light" and stop posting nonsense. Extreme cases should be handled by the admins.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I don't think anyone's suggesting censoring thoughts and ideas. What I was suggesting is some form of repercussions when a poster has multiple posts that cross the line in attacking a people group.
+1
I initiated it by saying he should be banned, suspended or at the least have the post deleted. What would be done if someone typed out a bunch of 4 letter curse words on this board? I know posts have been deleted/taken down in the past. I do not think it is unreasonable to say the same should have been done in this case.

Censoring ideas/thoughts is wrong and not even a part of the original discussion.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUnpretty11 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:I don't think anyone's suggesting censoring thoughts and ideas. What I was suggesting is some form of repercussions when a poster has multiple posts that cross the line in attacking a people group.
+1
I initiated it by saying he should be banned, suspended or at the least have the post deleted. What would be done if someone typed out a bunch of 4 letter curse words on this board? I know posts have been deleted/taken down in the past. I do not think it is unreasonable to say the same should have been done in this case.

Censoring ideas/thoughts is wrong and not even a part of the original discussion.
Type out a lot of four letter curse words and find out. It's kinda fun
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-h[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]