If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

The VHSCA has voted to move coaching clinics and all star games back to Hampton. While I hate this happened, I saw it coming. High schools coaches simply did not support the clinic and games while in Lynchburg. Membership in VHSCA dropped from around 10,000 to 5,000 in 3 years according to reports.
I think it should be a requirement for all high school coaches to attend the Clinic, regardless of location. Now granted, there are exceptions, i.e. illness, family emergency, etc. But most coaches are too lazy to attend the clinic or think they know enough, and not need to attend.
Hopefully clinic will have increased support in Hampton.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
My wife used to go. But it is also in the middle of the summer. During vacation time. She had planned on going had it stayed in Lynchburg but not sure if she will go out to Hampton. Although the continuing Ed credits are nice
Plus it's tough for someone from Big Stone Gap to make the trip out there. SW VA is a haul. That's why I though Lynchburg was a good spot. BUT population and destination do make Hampton more attractive
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lynchburg is by far the best venue in state for Clinic, same as it is for VHSL tournaments. I think I have been to clinic and/or All Star game for 21 straight years. The college course is best way to get recertifying points there is. I still tell people the last college I "attended",was Hampton University. I think I have 9 hours from there.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Lynchburg is by far the best venue in state for Clinic, same as it is for VHSL tournaments. I think I have been to clinic and/or All Star game for 21 straight years. The college course is best way to get recertifying points there is. I still tell people the last college I "attended",was Hampton University. I think I have 9 hours from there.
Ha. Logistically I agree with you. Population and Destination? Not so much

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law ca[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]