If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
On paper it's a good move. On the court I'm in a grey area
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:On paper it's a good move. On the court I'm in a grey area
I've had the exact same thoughts. I'm not sure you can plug a player like Durant into a system. Regardless, assuming that he actually signs the contract, this just changed the dynamics of the league.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It should help in a pick and roll setting. He can get to the rim of pick and poo to the 3. They just need someone to who they can dump the ball to in the 1/2 court to get an easy basket. Is Durant that guy? Can he help on the boards where they need it? Is he a taller Green without the attitude? I LOVE Durant. I've stated I'd rather have him than LeBron. I think he will fit in tempermently with the Warriors he's unselfish, can handle the ball and hit the 3.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:It should help in a pick and roll setting. He can get to the rim of pick and poo to the 3. They just need someone to who they can dump the ball to in the 1/2 court to get an easy basket. Is Durant that guy? Can he help on the boards where they need it? Is he a taller Green without the attitude? I LOVE Durant. I've stated I'd rather have him than LeBron. I think he will fit in tempermently with the Warriors he's unselfish, can handle the ball and hit the 3.
You have now lost any and all credibility.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:It should help in a pick and roll setting. He can get to the rim of pick and poo to the 3. They just need someone to who they can dump the ball to in the 1/2 court to get an easy basket. Is Durant that guy? Can he help on the boards where they need it? Is he a taller Green without the attitude? I LOVE Durant. I've stated I'd rather have him than LeBron. I think he will fit in tempermently with the Warriors he's unselfish, can handle the ball and hit the 3.
Maybe to you. But I like his game so much better than LeBron. I like him as a teammate better than LeBron. LeBron owes a lot of his Championships to Wade and if Irving had t gone off this year the Warriors would be hoisting the trophy again.
KD is a better shooter and ball handler than James
James is a better passer In fact it's the under rated part of his game
KD is quantitatively more coachable than James.
You can love LeBron all you want. im not saying he is a horrible player. I'm just saying if I'm picking teams I will take Durant first every single time
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
VAGolf wrote:
Maybe to you. But I like his game so much better than LeBron. I like him as a teammate better than LeBron. LeBron owes a lot of his Championships to Wade and if Irving had t gone off this year the Warriors would be hoisting the trophy again.
KD is a better shooter and ball handler than James
James is a better passer In fact it's the under rated part of his game
KD is quantitatively more coachable than James.
You can love LeBron all you want. im not saying he is a horrible player. I'm just saying if I'm picking teams I will take Durant first every single time
That is such a dumb argument. Lebron has been to six consecutive finals. His second year in Miami, Dwayne Wade was AWOL for 90% of the playoffs. In year three, Chris Bosh contributed hardly anything and Wade didn't show up until conference finals. He owes more to Ray Allen than Dwayne Wade. Irving had a few nice games.

If Durant didn't have Westbrook, and wasn't part of one of the best managed organizations, I could argue that he wouldn't have made playoffs in the West.

KD might be a better shooter but he's not a better ball handler.

Who cares about whose coachable? Didn't Jordan get coaches fired?

If you removed Durant and Lebron from their respective teams, OKC EASILY was better than any team Lebron has had. Durant has always done less with more talent and better coaching.

Lebron is a top 5 player all time. That's been established. KD is no where near that echelon yet.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
OKC had Westbrook... a star in his own right. But OKC's supporting cast better than Ray Allen, Bosh and Wade? You're kidding me right?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Go do some homework. How many coaches did Jordan have with the Bulls?
Top 5 of all time? Nope. How has that been established?
There are a lot of reasons LeBron went to 6 straight Finals. If OKC Had been in the East they probably would have too.
I'm not a huge Westbrook fan. I am a huge Wade fan and think he and the Heat did a lot to help James' career. Next year will be interesting with Cleveland. I think team chemistry will blow up. I'm willing to be proven wrong.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
LeBron is better than Durant. But it's hard to compare them.

I love how Stephen A Smith is being so critical of Durant but praised LeBron every step of the way during his time in Miami.

I don't get why people care so much. Even most of OKC's fans are thanking Durant for the time he put into their community. I do get their fans being upset but he didn't handle the announcement as badly as LeBron did and that was always my issue with him signing with Miami. He was just a complete dick about it. Which he has since admitted it was handled wrong.

I am more interested in seeing what happens with Westbrook. I think he is better than Durant anyways.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Can we expect a 'roll-out' of Thompson/Curry/KD on a smoke filled stage with flashing lights and loud music in a dark room?

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Oh man I forgot all about that. And LeBron wonders why people don't like him.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i think he totally understands.

what i'm not understanding is what my bulls are doing in the slightest.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:i think he totally understands.

what i'm not understanding is what my bulls are doing in the slightest.
I can see Wade wanting to come home but dang. He will mis more games than Rose
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
there is a contingency of guys here who JUST GOT DONE laughing at the knicks for taking these 2 bums of our hands. "hehe those guys think they are getting superstars hehehe what idiots" then they turn around and are like "HOOORAY RONDO AND WADEE!!!! WE ARE BACK"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Never liked Bulls fans back in the day. Glad to see they havent changed
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
especially guys my age. having jordan turned many of us into smarmy basketball douchebags.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]