If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Coastal upsets #1 Florida 2-1 in opening round. If CCU wins 2nd game, they will be in good shape to reach finals.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
How does this work--single or double elimination? Or something else?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There are 2 Four Team Brackets, which are double elimination. The winners of each bracket then meet in Finals and play 2 out of 3.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Coastal wins their 1st game in the CWS and Dustin Johnson wins the US Open. Coastal had a pretty decent day yesterday.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
UCSB bounces Miami out of World Series. I picked Miami to reach Finals. Now I hope UCSB and Coastal meet in Finals.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am not a fan of CCU, but if they were to win CWS, it would make a big statement for the little guys, within NCAA..
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I am not a fan of CCU, but if they were to win CWS, it would make a big statement for the little guys, within NCAA..
It's funny to me how so many Liberty fans claim to cheer for the "little guy" but then spend the other 99% of their sports life wishing Liberty was in a major conference.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
zzzzZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz

hey guys guess who i am.... UGH CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE OVER
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
#1 Florida gets eliminated in 2 straight. Now a good World Series for ACC and SEC. Coastal lost last night, to fall into loser's bracket. Pitching is ruling this World Series.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Coastal looked a bit overwhelmed last night for the first time this postseason. I don't see them coming out of the losers bracket. That ballpark is pretty big and their power advantage is somewhat diminished. The ball doesn't carry well there either. It has been an entertaining series so far.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Agree. However, it was built that way because of the live bats and balls they were using years ago. Now that the equipment has changed, the ballpark is too big. The CWS used to be a home run derby at the old park.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I seem to recall a 21-15 Championship Game in old ball park. NCAA needs to get the fences moved in.

Heck, I pitched a 4 hit shutout in Slow Pitch Softball once against the defending league champions.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Heck, I pitched a 4 hit shutout in Slow Pitch Softball once against the defending league champions.
Seems relevant.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Coastal beats TCU 4-1. Same 2 teams play again tomorrow. Winner goes to finals. Coastal pitcher went the distance thus saving bullpen.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Impressive and crucial performance by Beckwith. He threw 137 pitches, and second straight complete game. He's 14-1 this season. Wow.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I'm just going to put this out there. It's absolutely ridiculous that COLLEGE baseball is still being played at this time of year. At this rate, in few years it will probably mirror MLB in length. Most colleges ended the school year almost 2 months ago. Crazy. But ratings money and ESPN will do that to you.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
CCU has played 69 games including yesterday's win over TCU. Assuming they play 4 more (win today and all three games in the championship series), that is a total of 73 games. If anything that is about on par with a minor league schedule rather than a Major League schedule. I don't think its particularly ridiculous either...the kids that actually get drafted will be looking at about a 100-120 game schedule once they get to rookie ball anyway...AND theyll be playing just about every day, something that they don't do at the collegiate level
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:How is it ridiculous? Do you want them to start playing games the week after Christmas?
Well with 'Fall Ball' etc ...
It's a heck of a lot of games. BJ gave the numbers and that's just a crazy amount of games. Especially when you consider that there is a Minor League system in place. I am intimately aware of the difficulty of scheduling mid week games because of loss of class time so I know that can contribute to the length of the season. But my goodness we are coming up on the 4th of July and the season is just now ending. Design the season to be over a little offer Memorial Day. Heck you you could design it so you could own that weekend on TV.
I know it's just me being old and crusty I just find it a bit much especially with a Minor League option available to players.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The NCAA does it the way they do, to force teams to have lots of pitching depth. if not a team with 2 great starters, could dominate in eyes of NCAA. Also it has something to do with northern teams, and their bad weather early in season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The NCAA does it the way they do, to force teams to have lots of pitching depth. if not a team with 2 great starters, could dominate in eyes of NCAA. Also it has something to do with northern teams, and their bad weather early in season.
Why should the NCAA determine pitching depth? So what if a team only has 2 good pitchers and dominates? Wouldn't that spread the pitching talent out? Focus on player development? It's not like these kids can take Summer classes at the moment. At least with a condensed season that is an option.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]