If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I'll be the first to admit that when Golden State was down 1-3 to OKC, I thought it was over, but Curry and company worked a miracle and are returning to the Finals again this year.

Any comments on OKC's collapse or predictions about the Finals between Golden State and Cleveland?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I'll be the first to admit that when Golden State was down 1-3 to OKC, I thought it was over, but Curry and company worked a miracle and are returning to the Finals again this year.

Any comments on OKC's collapse or predictions about the Finals between Golden State and Cleveland?
Proverbs 16:18. After game 4, OKC turned into a bunch of cocky a******s. That won't fly against a team as good as GS.

I love Steph, but IMHO LaBron is still the best player in the world, and if Irving is healthy I like the Cavs to win it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have no idea who is going to win this series but there is no way it doesn't go 7.

With that said when are players going to learn not to get too cocky before they close out a series? It seems to happen every single year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would not watch finals if they were played in Vines Center, but I hope Warriors sweep Cleveland in 4 games. I despise Cleveland and that James guy.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Then why even comment? The majority of this board hates the NBA anyways for reasons that are completely made up and not at all accurate.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Steph Curry owes Klay Thompson a few favors :).

The past two games have really been excellent though. I have no idea who wins. Part of this Cleveland situation feels similar to Miami, where Bosh would just go absent at times. Love needs to be consistent and Kyrie needs to keep pressure on the back court.

GS wins in seven...but if they don't, be prepared for my obnoxious ranting about how the incredibleness of Lebron James.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The media has ruined NBA. Not to mention basketball should not be played in May and June. Playoffs are stretched out way too long. I wish NBA like college. One and done in effect.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
When in doubt, blame the media.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The media has ruined NBA. Not to mention basketball should not be played in May and June. Playoffs are stretched out way too long. I wish NBA like college. One and done in effect.
What? Why?

It works for the NCAA because it draws eyeballs and makes the David beating Goliath scenario more possible. But in the Pros (outside of the NFL) it's about establishing who truly is the best team by making a 'series' of it.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:Steph Curry owes Klay Thompson a few favors :).

The past two games have really been excellent though. I have no idea who wins. Part of this Cleveland situation feels similar to Miami, where Bosh would just go absent at times. Love needs to be consistent and Kyrie needs to keep pressure on the back court.

GS wins in seven...but if they don't, be prepared for my obnoxious ranting about how the incredibleness of Lebron James.
I hope Baby James loses.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Mrs Purple and I went to the Game 6 Watch Party while out in SF. It. Was. Awesome. More fun than if they had actually played a game there!
Kevin Durant has been my favorite (and Mrs Purple) player in the NBA for years, but, GS is so fun to watch.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Did you run into manger? He's Kick'N It deals the past week or so in Oakland have been epic by social media accounts. Dude has leveraged his friendship with the Curry brothers in fantastic ways.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Did you run into manger? He's Kick'N It deals the past week or so in Oakland have been epic by social media accounts. Dude has leveraged his friendship with the Curry brothers in fantastic ways.
I know somehow this makes sense. But not to me. Ha
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
NBA just has too many teams in the playoffs. One conference is always significantly stronger than the other. This year the east regular season was over in January. There are only about 4 teams that can win the title every year. Thereby the rest of the playoffs are worthless. Now the western finals and the finals are fun. The rest is just straight boring outside of a rare series here and there like the thunder spurs.
By Jonathan Carone
My wish that will never happen:

Cut the season by 20 games.

Get rid of the conferences and order the playoffs 1-16.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think one day you may see the second part happen but yeah the season won't get any shorter. That would mean less money.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope they finish the Finals in time to start training camp for next season. Every sport runs too long except football, and that one is close to running tooo long. Just a matter of time before NFL adds another week between conference championship games and Super Bowl, in order to give media an extra week for their stupid media days .
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I vhope they finish the Finals in time to start training camp for next season. Every sport runs too long except football, and that one is close to running tooo long. Just a matter of time before NFL adds another week between conference championship games and Super Bowl, in order to give media an extra week for their stupid media days .

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are! And a legitimate concern!
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
This has actually been a fun discussion over the past couple of weeks.

It's easy to see that the schedule is too long and the first round of playoffs are a complete bore. The easy fix is to cut the regular season by 10-15 games...but we know that's not likely to happen. Most owners don't want to cut the amount of games in a season and few are going to agree to cut the playoff field. The dirty little secret in the NBA is that it pays to be terrible. You aren't going to lose profits necessarily and you get a lottery pick every year.

What I would do is shorten the regular season by about 5-10 games but then add two teams, in each conference, to the playoffs (yes, I know that sounds crazy but hear me out). The first round of playoffs would be played as play-in games between the 7, 8, 9 and 10 seeds. It would be one game and you're out. The second round would be a best of 5 series and the first three games would be at the home court of the better seed. If the series goes into 4 or 5 games, those would be played at the home court of the worse seed. The rest of the playoffs would be played as normal.

That may not be the perfect system but I think you could convince owners to shorten the regular season, if you could extend the playoffs. It also provides some incentive to be competitive during the regular season. Of course, the idea of extending the playoffs sounds bad but you could make it interesting by providing a sense of urgency. So, throw in some play-in games and/or a best of 3/5 series.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I like Sweat's idea, but Id go with 5-5-5 and then 7 for the finals.

Id end the regular season on a Saturday and then play the 7-10 games on Monday and then start the first round on Wednesday and have one conference go W-F-M-W-F then the other go Th-Sa-T-Th-Sa, then have round 2 start on Monday and stagger M-W-Sa-M-W with T-Th-Su-T-Th Start the conference finals on Sunday and stagger Su-T-F-Su-T and M-W-Sa-M-W, start the finals the following Thursday and go Th-Sa-T-Th-Sa-T-Th
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:My wish that will never happen:

Cut the season by 20 games.

Get rid of the conferences and order the playoffs 1-16.
There is a growing movement for seeding 1-16
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if if happened someday.

I also would like them to go back go a 5 game opening round series but I don't think that will happen either.
By rhezick
While I understand the sentiment of cutting the playoffs back to a 5 games series, as a Hornets fan it's nice to know that extra game is there, this season being a good example. However yea I think the season shouldn't start until Christmas. Those Christmas day games are great, and really the starting point for when anyone gives a crap about it anyway.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]