If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
The problem is that replacing the head coach fixes basically nothing.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It starts at the top of the top with the chancellor...but they're going to have to rebuild trust and that will take a very long time
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Chancellor doesn't recruit players or call plays
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Absolute class act. I use to talk to him at the GSO airport. One of the nicest guys I ever met. Good, good football coach as well.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
They really needed to do something like this. Promoting Bennett would have left someone who was likely part of the problem in charge. They really need to clean house totally, but I can see why that would be virtually impossible at this point. Grobe can provide solid leadership through the 2016 season, giving them plenty of time to make a good hire after that.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I understand that it would be virtually impossible to totally clean house at this point, and replacing the men in charge was the right move. IMHO though, if it is clear that specific assistants were instrumental in covering up these crimes, they need to be identified and fired as well.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:The Chancellor doesn't recruit players or call plays
I agree with that PH...Im just saying that this situation runs much deeper than the head coach and while the new coach is a step in the right direction, its probably going to take more than just that to rebuild trust within the community and with the alumni of the school when you are dealing with a scandal of that magnitude
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]