If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Yeah the ballcoach jinx trumps all (not to derail this thread or anything)
I wish this thread would stay buried. Let sleeping curses lay I say
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If any of you jinx this I will hunt you down and destroy you. But in a brotherly love Christian Way
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:If any of you jinx this I will hunt you down and destroy you. But in a brotherly love Christian Way
You just did.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:There's no way the Cubs lose this year. They are way better than all the other teams. I doubt they lose a single game all post season.
I'm saying a prayer against you right now. :pray :pray :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm rooting for the Cubs because I am the ultimate curse. Just for you PH.
No one likes you
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
flamehunter wrote:There's no way the Cubs lose this year. They are way better than all the other teams. I doubt they lose a single game all post season.
I'm saying a prayer against you right now. :pray :pray :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
I had a really good fortune cookie today so good luck with that!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:I'm rooting for the Cubs because I am the ultimate curse. Just for you PH.
No one likes you

I like myself. That's all I need
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
No one likes you

I like myself. That's all I need
Keep rooting for the Cubs. It's working! I may see if I can find you some friends.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So my wife made me take off the shirt (Try Not To Suck) I wore last night which helped the Cubs win. So tonite I had to go with the game jersey. But last time I wore this was 2 weeks ago and the Cubs beat the Cards big. I hope I get the same result and she didn't wash all the Wins out of the other shirt!!!!
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
If only you had executed your Cubbie fandom with laser like focus in 2003, we never would have heard of Steve Bartman.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 World Series Champs!!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SumItUp wrote:If only you had executed your Cubbie fandom with laser like focus in 2003, we never would have heard of Steve Bartman.

Bartman was framed. It was the idiots around him that went for the ball.

And don't jinx it
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I still feel bad for bartman.
So do I. That guy was a legit Super Fan and a bunch of posers around him wrecked his life. I can see Maddon doing something for him if the unthinkable happens! He already has this

http://www.korkedbaseball.com/products/forgive-bartman
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think Bartman isn't ever going out again (or at least going out when most normal people do) even if they do forgive him...he is basically scarred for life
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
SumItUp wrote:If only you had executed your Cubbie fandom with laser like focus in 2003, we never would have heard of Steve Bartman.

And don't jinx it
How was he framed? Sure, other people reached for the ball, but he's the one that made contact. I'm confused.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

And don't jinx it
How was he framed? Sure, other people reached for the ball, but he's the one that made contact. I'm confused.
Go to the tape. Look at the arms reaching for and making contact with the ball. None were his. He was just unfortunately wearing very distinctive clothing so it was easy to pin it on him
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:He without a doubt touched but so did at least 2 other people. For some reason they got a pass.
That's sort of my point The only reason he took ALL the heat is because he was wearing such a distinctive 'dorky' outfit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Kind makes me remember why I always root against the Cubs.
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]