If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Best Game 7 ever? Maddon had me doubting him......a lot.

The coolest thing was Grandpa Ross hitting the clutch HR in the final game of his career.

No need for a lot of words. I'm just going to enjoy this.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm glad that crap fest is over!!!

Kidding, congrats to the Cubs.
Thanks for cheering! We couldn't have done it without you!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I fell asleep during the rain delay so there wasn't much cheering from my couch. Sorry, man.

Bring Bartman to the parade!! Pay him a crap load of money if that is what it takes. He deserves it!
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Best Game 7 ever? Maddon had me doubting him......a lot.

The coolest thing was Grandpa Ross hitting the clutch HR in the final game of his career.

rightfully so. he got anxious and went against his plan of not putting in lester with men on. hendricks was dealing and even when lester settled down he was too and didnt' need to come out. big mistakes he'll likely not have to answer for.

BUT WHO GIVES A FLIP!!?? *RUNS AROUND SCREAMING*
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Best Game 7 ever? Maddon had me doubting him......a lot.

rightfully so. he got anxious and went against his plan of not putting in lester with men on. hendricks was dealing and even when lester settled down he was too and didnt' need to come out. big mistakes he'll likely not have to answer for.

BUT WHO GIVES A FLIP!!?? *RUNS AROUND SCREAMING*

**Bro Hug***

I bought a blue game jersey with WS logo and the blue WS Champion shirt with the big C on it. I should probably get a hat too
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
So now we can just forget about the Cubs until 2124, right? :D

Actually congrats to the team and fans. But not to the bandwagon ones.
1908 - I'm 52. One grandfather was 10 years old, the other had not been born yet. That's a stinking long time.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:So now we can just forget about the Cubs until 2124, right? :D

Actually congrats to the team and fans. But not to the bandwagon ones.
1908 - I'm 52. One grandfather was 10 years old, the other had not been born yet. That's a stinking long time.
That's fine! I'm just happy the Cubs got one!!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I can't help and laugh at the lady they keep quoting on sportscenter saying the Cubs are going to win again next year.

Come on! Just enjoy this years, geez! haha
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
3:1 odds. you fix heyward (they think they know whats wrong) and add schwarber to that lineup. great goodness. pitching ain't going anywhere. injuries should be the only thing keepign them out of the postseason.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wait? Baseball isn't over forever? I'm enjoying it. I'll worry about next year....../next year
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I fell asleep during the rain delay so there wasn't much cheering from my couch.
That happened to me, too. But good wives wake you up in time to watch the 10th inning. Thanks, Mrs. Cider. :clapping
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Epstein went about it the right way in rebuilding this org from top down...now im curious about their prospect pipeline because most of the major contribution came from homegrown guys and he was a genius in mixing in free agents
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Epstein went about it the right way in rebuilding this org from top down...now im curious about their prospect pipeline because most of the major contribution came from homegrown guys and he was a genius in mixing in free agents
This statement shows you have no understanding of how he went about it.

But who cares. The Cubs won the World Series!!! Everyone sing along

Baseball season’s underway
Well you better get ready for a brand new day.
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.
They’re singing …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
They got the power, they got the speed
To be the best in the National League
Well this is the year and Cubs are real
So come on down to Wrigley Field
We’re singing now …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Baseball time is here again
You can catch it all on WGN
So stamp you feet and clap your hands
Chicago Cubs got the greatest fans.
You’re singing now …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Congrats, guys. Enjoy the moment.

But the Cubs mystique is forever gone. You are now just like the other teams that overpay for talent in an attempt to buy championships (shout out to the BoSox). The lovable loser charm no longer exists.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Congrats, guys. Enjoy the moment.

But the Cubs mystique is forever gone. You are now just like the other teams that overpay for talent in an attempt to buy championships (shout out to the BoSox). The lovable loser charm no longer exists.
I'll take winning over lovable loser status any day. Should LU fans not want to win since they've never won anything?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Congrats, guys. Enjoy the moment.

So?
The Cubs will ALWAYS be the team that went 108 years between titles. The mystique of Wrigley etc will always be there. It's not like they are going to turn into the Marlins
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:For the first time in more years than I can remember, I did not watch a single pitch of this year's World Series.
Let me look in my Bag of Cares to see how many I have left to give..........nope. All out. Sorry.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:For the first time in more years than I can remember, I did not watch a single pitch of this year's World Series.
That's a you problem. You missed one of the best World Series' ever.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
he probably thinks the best world series is womens college fastpitch.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Rubber mallet, you are correct. I rather watch WCWS most years. There can be exceptions, but not many.

Now granted, this was a good WS, if one liked either team. If I were an Indians fan I would be sick for years, because Indians lost it, more so than Cubs winning it.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Rubber mallet, you are correct. I rather watch WCWS most years. There can be exceptions, but not many.

Now granted, this was a good WS, if one liked either team. If I were an Indians fan I would be sick for years, because Indians lost it, more so than Cubs winning it.
I do not care really for either team but enjoyed this Series more than any in recent memory.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If I wasn't working during much of Game 7 I would have been riveted to the TV as well. I tuned in for the 8th inning and some of us were watching the game in the break room and absolutely shook our collective heads when Davis hit that home run. I got the final out after I got home. Some are comparing this game to the epic Morris-Smoltz Game 7 clash in 1991.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]