If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
It may not be the major reason, but if the Indians and Cubs matched up, it would be a matchup of (I believe) the two longest droughts in major league baseball since winning a world series
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:It may not be the major reason, but if the Indians and Cubs matched up, it would be a matchup of (I believe) the two longest droughts in major league baseball since winning a world series
Yes, it would be a great storyline and draw better ratings than whoever vs. Toronto. The ratings still wouldn't be as high as if a large (U.S.) market AL team were playing.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cleveland is a media love fest. See Lebron James and Johnny Manizel.

But at any rate, the Washington Nationals are eliminated. As far as I am concerned, baseball season is over. Time to devote all attention to college football.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Illinois is a solid Blue State. Obviously the MSM will support them
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I'm getting too old for this.....

Pinch hit grand slam with 2 outs followed by another HR for an 8-4 win!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I'm just going to put this on a loop tonite

[youtube]A9XtDyDUjIU[/youtube]
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
cubs have the better lineup and starting pitching on paper. indians have the better bullpen. obviously none of that matters here. 2 great managers. will be a great series win or lose. We are in the bleachers for Game 3.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:cubs have the better lineup and starting pitching on paper. indians have the better bullpen. obviously none of that matters here. 2 great managers. will be a great series win or lose. We are in the bleachers for Game 3.
Totally jealous
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I forgot how much Cubs fans annoy me but I don't want Cleveland to win 2 championships in the same calendar year. This is a tough choice for me.

If the Cubs can guarantee that Bartman gets a special spot with the team in the victory parade I'm in.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:cubs have the better lineup and starting pitching on paper. indians have the better bullpen. obviously none of that matters here. 2 great managers. will be a great series win or lose. We are in the bleachers for Game 3.
That's awesome. I'm completely jealous and I'm not even a Cubs fan. Looking forward to a great Series.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I forgot how much Cubs fans annoy me but I don't want Cleveland to win 2 championships in the same calendar year. This is a tough choice for me.

If the Cubs can guarantee that Bartman gets a special spot with the team in the victory parade I'm in.
You know Maddon would do that. But Bartman probably just wants to remain anonymous
Last edited by Purple Haize on October 24th, 2016, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jonathan Carone
If youre a season ticket holder for the Cubs and spent $7500 for four tickets to the World Series but could sell those four tickets for $75,000, would you sell or go to the game?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:If youre a season ticket holder for the Cubs and spent $7500 for four tickets to the World Series but could sell those four tickets for $75,000, would you sell or go to the game?
I'd go to the game. Maybe sell 2. But it depends on which game I would HAVE to be there
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:I forgot how much Cubs fans annoy me but I don't want Cleveland to win 2 championships in the same calendar year. This is a tough choice for me.

You know Maddon would do that. But Bartman probably just wants to remain anonymous
90% of the fan base could of gave a shat about bartman. he didn't do anything anyone else wouldnt' do. nobody catches foul balls there and you can't see anything there in that part of the park and there isn't even a guarantee pisshands alou would of either. the cubs blew it on the diamond not because of bartman.

obviously the media overblew it.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:If youre a season ticket holder for the Cubs and spent $7500 for four tickets to the World Series but could sell those four tickets for $75,000, would you sell or go to the game?
i talked to 2 guys who aren't even diehard redsox fans who went to fenway during the world series and they said it was nothing like they'd ever experienced before. but of course i would sell them still. however, our tickets were gifted to us and they refused to sell them so it looks like we are stuck going. *lone tear*
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
i talked to 2 guys who aren't even diehard redsox fans who went to fenway during the world series and they said it was nothing like they'd ever experienced before. but of course i would sell them still. however, our tickets were gifted to us and they refused to sell them so it looks like we are stuck going. *lone tear*
Seriously disliking you right now. You know Wrigleyville will be out of control crazy. You might want to get there now so you have enough time to make the game.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
It is kind of hysterical that the all-star game decides homefield advantage. Congratulations Cleveland, you get homefield advantage, not because of anything you accomplished, but because San Francisco's pitcher gave up three runs in the second inning of the all-star game. lol.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:It is kind of hysterical that the all-star game decides homefield advantage. Congratulations Cleveland, you get homefield advantage, not because of anything you accomplished, but because San Francisco's pitcher gave up three runs in the second inning of the all-star game. lol.
One of Selig's worst mistakes. I'd love to see Manfred correct it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Eddie Vedder singing a 'Duet' with Harry Caray?

That's good stuff right there
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
This title...prophetic...and over two generations of waiting...and its finally fact.

Even as a Braves fan, I am so happy for the CHicago Cubs and the long suffering Cubs fans...and you have to wonder how Steve Bartman feels after the final out
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]