If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
If truth be known, he is probably ineligible for college anyway. He has moved from high school to high school several times in past 4 years. I wonder who has been "funding" all these moves.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I actually don't think eligibility was an issue. He had an offer from UVA, and they generally steer clear of non qualifiers. IMHO Maker decides to test the rules and entre the draft because he knew that a year playing against high major opponents would only serve to expose his weaknesses and lower his draft stock.

This decisión theoretically could impact LU. Although it was a longshot Maker would have gone to UVA, now that we know he is not, the odds increase that Bennett will offer Brendan Newton, and the way things look now, that is probable the only scenario which might keep us from signing him.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If truth be known, he is probably ineligible for college anyway. He has moved from high school to high school several times in past 4 years. I wonder who has been "funding" all these moves.
Actually only been at two. Started out at Carlisle, moved up to Canada and has been at Athlete Institute ever since. Athlete Institute just comprises two different teams, what amounts to the Canadian equivalent of high school team and a post grad team, sort of what schools like Hargrave and Fork Union do for those of us familiar with those VA schools. He switched from Orangeville Prep (the high school equivalent team) to the Athlete Institute team because the Orangeville head coach said he wasn't going to take any more crap from Ed Smith. Ed Smith is Thon's guardian.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm […]

Long snapper from Elon/UCLA with one year of eligi[…]

A Liberty-Longhorns matchup would be incredible. I[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]