If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Boo. Watching teams seeded 13, 14, 15 play well and sometimes win are what makes the first and second rounds exciting. The following rounds are often more boring with only one or two good games per day. Give Cinderella a chance to play. They know they can't win the whole thing, or do they???

Can a 13, 14 or 15 seed win a game? Sure. Can they win the tournament? No chance. That's why when 14 seeded Lehigh knocks off 3 seeded Kansas, then tournament gets worse. Yes, you get your moment of excitement...which is then followed by awful basketball two days later. The following rounds are more exciting when Duke, Kansas, UNC and Kentucky are playing.
Maybe the benefit to those 14 seeds IS to knock out a 3 seed. Face it- if that happens, the team was suspect.
By Lucas
So, for most of you, are you going for UVA to win it for the State?

Personally, I have no dog in the fight so I'm just hoping to be able to catch the good games when they are on.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Id just love to see UVa finally get past Michigan State
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
VAGolf wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Boo. Watching teams seeded 13, 14, 15 play well and sometimes win are what makes the first and second rounds exciting. The following rounds are often more boring with only one or two good games per day. Give Cinderella a chance to play. They know they can't win the whole thing, or do they???

Can a 13, 14 or 15 seed win a game? Sure. Can they win the tournament? No chance. That's why when 14 seeded Lehigh knocks off 3 seeded Kansas, then tournament gets worse. Yes, you get your moment of excitement...which is then followed by awful basketball two days later. The following rounds are more exciting when Duke, Kansas, UNC and Kentucky are playing.
Maybe the benefit to those 14 seeds IS to knock out a 3 seed. Face it- if that happens, the team was suspect.

There is never a benefit to NOT having an elite school in the elite eight. If a 14 seed knocks off a 3 seed, that doesn't prove anything. One team could just have a cold shooting night while the other team gets hot. Doesn't mean that a team was suspect, just means they had a bad game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am hoping Hampton knocks off UVA.
I like when lower seeds beat high seeds. (most of the time). NCAA gives higher seeds too easy of a road most of the time. I would like to see Kansas and Oregon go down early also.
By Lucas
Well, I filled in my bracket. Have Kansas vs. Michigan State in the finals, with Kansas winning.

This is the first time in awhile I have zero interest in any of the teams in the tournament.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
There is never a benefit to NOT having an elite school in the elite eight. If a 14 seed knocks off a 3 seed, that doesn't prove anything. One team could just have a cold shooting night while the other team gets hot. Doesn't mean that a team was suspect, just means they had a bad game.
Truth...but now is the one time you can't afford a bad game, especially if youre a high seed
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well I pulled a Golic and I have 6 brackets going in this year's tournament challenge (If you listen to ESPN Radio you know what I mean by that)
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
(if I know what you mean by that, I know what you mean by that. But if I don't know what you mean by that, I don't know what you mean by that.)

UALR with an awesome upset over Purdue. (if you watched the game or saw the score you know what I mean by that)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Call me old school but I only filled out one bracket. The rest of you all that filled out more than that are chumps.

(If you know me you know what I mean by that)

Disclaimer: I have filled out my bracket at multiple sites in hopes to win the big bucks but it's all the same bracket. I have my principles after all. Haha
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I am hoping Hampton knocks off UVA.
Take that, ballcoach: the 'Hoos crushed Hampton, even if Tony Bennett had a little fainting spell. :stretcher
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I heard the finish...awesome game

Since Sch14 is so curious...I entered 6 brackets in the ESPN tournament challenge...three of them in the Flames Nation challenge group because I figure having three different brackets with three different champions might increase my chances of success in the group
By Lucas
According to ESPN, I'm in the 56 percentile. The first round I thought would lose but didn't, were UCONN, Wichita State, Yale, and Little Rock. Only issue was that I had Purdue in the Elite Eight...Yikes.
By Lucas
At this point in time, UNCA is currently down by 4 to #2 seeded Villanova. There are about 3 minutes to go in the 1st half. I hope they at least keep it close if not just pull the shocker.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
Michigan State sliced through the Big 10 and received a 2 seed. Their bracket is basically a bye to the final four.

This tournament isn't about getting the seeds right, it's about getting match-ups right and the committee did a perfect job.
You might want to re-think that part. :D If only they would knock the field size in half then Michigan state would be alright. That's why I love the field the way it is.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
VAGolf wrote:
Michigan State sliced through the Big 10 and received a 2 seed. Their bracket is basically a bye to the final four.

This tournament isn't about getting the seeds right, it's about getting match-ups right and the committee did a perfect job.
You might want to re-think that part. :D If only they would knock the field size in half then Michigan state would be alright. That's why I love the field the way it is.
Agreed...i think middle Tennessee didnt get the memo that they were supposed to have zero shot against the Big Ten champions
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
So I hear WVU lost to Stephen F(reaking) Austin. :dontgetit
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
VAGolf wrote:

Agreed...i think middle Tennessee didnt get the memo that they were supposed to have zero shot against the Big Ten champions
No. It had nothing to do with MTSU being more motivated. That's always the dumbest statement. Do you honestly believe that Michigan State WASN'T motivated to play in the tournament? The reason MTSU won is because they shot 55% from the field and close to 60% from three. They literally could do no wrong. They didn't out-coach or out-hustle MSU...they just out-shot them.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I would love to see 4 mid major teams in final 4
But probably will not happen.

Certainly won't happen this year. The closest school to a mid-major remaining in the tournament is Gonzaga, who has been great for the past decade or two. This is the best sweet-16 in years.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would like to see 4 Mid-majors in final 4. I rather watch them than watch teams like Kansas, Virginia, Notre Dame, Syracuse etc.
By Lucas
I rather enjoy when the final four are the most talented teams in the nation, not just the hottest/more fortunate teams in the tournament. My problem this year is that there are no teams like that I can about whatsoever.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]