If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Lucas
Well, this is about as non-LU as you can get. Most of your probably don't care, but here is today's schedule as the SEC Tournament is started yesterday in Nashville, TN.

Wednesday, March 9 (First Round)

Game 1: No. 12 Tennessee 97, No. 13 Auburn 59

Thursday, March 10 (Second Round)

Game 2: No. 8 Florida vs. No. 9 Arkansas (1 p.m., SEC Network)
Game 3: No. 5 Vanderbilt vs. No. 12 Tennessee (approx. 3:30 p.m., SEC Network)
Game 4: No. 7 Ole Miss vs. No. 10 Alabama (7 p.m., SEC Network)
Game 5: No. 6 Georgia vs. No. 11 Mississippi State (approx. 9:30 p.m., SEC Network)

Friday, March 11 (Quarterfinals)

Game 6: No. 1 Texas A&M vs. Game 2 winner (1 p.m., SEC Network)
Game 7: No. 4 LSU vs. Game 3 winner (approx. 3:30 p.m., SEC Network)
Game 8: No. 2 Kentucky vs. Game 4 winner (7 p.m., SEC Network)
Game 9: No. 3 South Carolina vs. Game 5 winner (approx. 9:30 p.m., SEC Network)

Saturday, March 12 (Semifinals)

Game 10: Game 6 winner vs. Game 7 winner (1 p.m., ESPN)
Game 11: Game 8 winner vs. Game 9 winner (3:30 p.m., ESPN)

Sunday, March 13 (Championship)

Game 12: Game 10 winner vs. Game 11 winner (1 p.m., ESPN)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Go Rebs! The Colonel has been retired for many years, but Oxford is like a second home to me, and it's where I was called "doctor" for the first time. Study
By Lucas
Roll Tide. Glad that it's a night game and not one of the first. From an Alabama perspective though, we didn't look good at all against the Rebels back in January, and we haven't looked good against Kentucky (potential 2nd round opponent) in years.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
They are all just playing for second place to Kentucky. Ole Miss lost a huge opportunity in the first half with Obasohan playing just 8 minutes and scoring 0 points for Alabama. They must literally play no defense because Obasohan is their only good scorer and yet Bama still scored 40 in the first half.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Gielo looked good for Ole Miss, and he ended his season averaging about 10 points game in the SEC.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:It's SEC basketball. Nobody cares outside of KY.
Sounds like Morgantown logic to me. Put the 'shine down and step away from the fumes of that burning couch. :wink:
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:It's SEC basketball. Nobody cares outside of KY. And they only care because their football is second-rate.
Kentucky has always been a basketball state, even when UK football was good under Bear Bryant.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Unless Johnny Jones has some massive buy out (which would be LOL worthy that the LSU administration is that stupid), have to think Jones is getting the axe after that "effort" today against A&M.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
LSU doesn't have money to be buying anybody out right now. They don't even have money for summer school for their football players. Ugly situation financially in Louisiana right now. Many of the state schools may need to close down completely for several months because they don't have budget to keep the lights on. The cheap gasoline you guys love so much has its down side.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I never realized Alabama had anything other than football and softball until I was on campus in February 2 years ago, and saw they had a basketball game that night and a baseball game the following day.

Roll Tide
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:LSU doesn't have money to be buying anybody out right now. They don't even have money for summer school for their football players. Ugly situation financially in Louisiana right now. Many of the state schools may need to close down completely for several months because they don't have budget to keep the lights on. The cheap gasoline you guys love so much has its down side.
Why is cheap gas making it more costly to operate a school?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cheap gas has devastated the economy down there and in other areas that are dependent on the oil industry. I have felt it here in Lynchburg with the company I work for.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Cheap gas has devastated the economy down there and in other areas that are dependent on the oil industry. I have felt it here in Lynchburg with the company I work for.
Why would a school system be so heavily dependent on the oil industry though?
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]