If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Cheap gas has devastated the economy down there and in other areas that are dependent on the oil industry. I have felt it here in Lynchburg with the company I work for.
Why would a school system be so heavily dependent on the oil industry though?
Not the school system per se, but the state that funds said school system. Being right on the Gulf, oil and natural gas (and the accordant refining processes) is a natural cash cow for the state and as a result, means more to spend on the schools and other things
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Cheap gas has devastated the economy down there and in other areas that are dependent on the oil industry. I have felt it here in Lynchburg with the company I work for.
Why would a school system be so heavily dependent on the oil industry though?
Not the school system per se, but the state that funds said school system. Being right on the Gulf, oil and natural gas (and the accordant refining processes) is a natural cash cow for the state and as a result, means more to spend on the schools and other things
Makes sense
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Lucas wrote:The LSU situation is bad. I've heard rumors that is why they declined the NIT invitation.
I also heard rumors that Ben Simmons wasn't even going to play in the NIT if they went to it.
By Lucas
Wouldn't shock me if this was true. He's probably focused more on the NBA which makes sense considering this year was an absolute failure.

Sad that his last game at LSU was the debacle against A&M.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully this past week's commodity rises are not a mirage. But states that depend on oil & gas revenues for significant portions of their budget have been hammered the past 18 months. Louisiana, North Dakota, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Alaska, Wyoming and Texas have taken the brunt. But the impact reaches every state with the collapse of manufacturing that came as a result. Logistics has also been devastated.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]