If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
No. 3 waiver wire guys for one of the premier closers in the league is not a good deal for you. This guy clearly sees you as an easy target and is trying to take advantage.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I received an offer:

Send

Clayton Kershaw

Receive

John Smoltz
Nolan Ryan

Should I accept?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:I received an offer:

Send

Clayton Kershaw

Receive

John Smoltz
Nolan Ryan

Should I accept?
Yes - Smoltz can give you 11 innings every game and Ryan - well he has been battling with some carpal tunnel lately, but can still get you 15-27 strike outs per game. And once you accept this deal - I'm willing to send you Owings for Kinsler straight up, but deal's only good today.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Same guy new offer:

I send Wade Davis and receive Prince Fielder Jurickson Profar and Luke Gregerson. If anyone wants further details I can PM them
Trades are all about the counter. No one sends a good trade over. Give us a link to that league and let us see who he truly has that would be worth trading Davis for.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse? ... sonId=2016 I think that is the link to his roster proto

This is the link to my roster if you want to analyze that for the counter offer: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse? ... sonId=2016
This is what I would do.

I would trade Davis and Turner for Franco, Gregerson (Hope he gets closer role back from Harris), and Profar (He has picked up his scoring lately and in your league he could do well in the short term).

I would drop Gyorko, Reynolds and Iannetta and pickup Jepsen (Min) and Leonys Martin.

I would also consider dropping Crisp, and pick up Chris Young or Jon Jay.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:New counter proto:

Davis for Gregerson and Archie Bradley
No - this guys just trying to rip you off... Just stay away from him. You might be able to get both these guys in waivers next week.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
You need a catcher, but you really don't have much to offer to get him... You might need to try and get a little better quality Catcher first and then use that for trade-bait.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The thing that makes waiver wire pickup tough is they lock on first game of the week so if there's a day game on Monday, if I don't make my moves in the morning, I can't make them at all until the next week and sometimes the player I wanted is gone by then
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Best season since I started in this league on ESPN...only finished 5 games out of the playoffs and an all-time high for wins as well I believe. Hopefully I can wrap the season up by knocking you off FFG
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My bad...well hopefully I can finish with a win for the week either way
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Wow I sucked this year. Everybody I got rid of had career seasons.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:Wow I sucked this year. Everybody I got rid of had career seasons.
Life of a Cubs fan
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I dominated the regular season (top 4 in every statistical category), but my team just couldn't keep up the pace. Best of luck in the championship, Team Prototype.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:I dominated the regular season (top 4 in every statistical category), but my team just couldn't keep up the pace. Best of luck in the championship, Team Prototype.
It's all about the Playoffs. Now I have to find out a way to keep Galbula from winning more than 7 categories....
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Don't worry, I'm quite good at stopping myself this time of year. I'm actually lucky to get to the final. Really had to sweat it out in the semis. You're looking strong Proto. Here we go again!
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I'm ok with losing this week. If you look at icterus and my box score it was insanely close. ultimately nick markakis not playing and jansen blowing a save lost me the week.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
It was extremely close, and I was fortunate. I thought I was dead in the water going into the weekend. I wasn't so fortunate in my other league. We have a 12-start limit for pitching in it and I forgot that any additional pitching stats get locked out if you hit 12 before Sunday's game. So I got locked out for Sunday and didn't get the save I needed to break a tie and advance to the final. Tough way to lose and totally my stupid. Gotta love fantasy sports. :lol:
Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]