If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Lucas
BJWilliams wrote:Got an offer in another league I'd like you guys to eval:

I send
Justin Turner
Julio Teheran

I receive
Kendrys Morales
Tom Koehler

Take or not?
I'd run. Teheran is going to have ZERO run support this year. His value is worthless.

Oh, and I'm happy to say I've joined the league. North Point Nomads reporting for duty.
By Lucas
Just got an email warning me that the league was not full and therefore wouldn't be able to draft unless it was full.

I have learned from past experiences that if we only have 9 players, you can change the settings to say that we have a max of 9 players, and that it will then be considered Full.

Look forward to the draft tonight!
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Looks like it is full now:)

Can we get a list of Keepers? That would be helpful. I would like to get them printed and put on my war rooms wall and have my team of statisticians analyze and then have my team adjust position draft rankings in preparation for tonight’s draft.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
And we should make everyone keep their 4 players - this whole not keeping 4 stinks, when they get to draft first. They made their beds... ;)
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:Looks like it is full now:)

Can we get a list of Keepers? That would be helpful. I would like to get them printed and put on my war rooms wall and have my team of statisticians analyze and then have my team adjust position draft rankings in preparation for tonight’s draft.
So that's how you win every year :wink:

Wouldn't mind a peek at the keepers, either, if everybody has 'em set.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
We are full.

What are thoughts on divisional play? Or should I change it back to a regular 10 team format with no divisions? I kinda like it with divisions, but I'm fine without it as well. I use an average finish per year to form 2 pots, and draw randomly from that.

Here is the proposed division alignment for this year.

American
Team Prototype
Fort Myers Red Sox
ATL Morning Wood
The Killer Minors
North Point Nomads

National

Icterus Galbula
Fincastle Fanatics
Team Gatorbait
Liberty Flames
(10th team)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Divisions are fine. I like mine - looks like a the NL-East. Should allow me time to watch Galbula win the regular season again and lose to my well rested team in Playoffs again;)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
LUminary wrote:
prototype wrote:Looks like it is full now:)

So that's how you win every year :wink:

Wouldn't mind a peek at the keepers, either, if everybody has 'em set.
It takes a team!!!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, nobody can accuse me of stacking the divisions because my side seems grueling lol.

Should we have 1 week playoffs or 2? I know we've always done 1.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Definitely one week playoffs. I hate the two-week deal.
I have a new strategy this year: finish last in the regular season and not make the playoffs. I'm thinking that will be much easier to accomplish than finally winning the darn thing.
Keepers: Arenado, Machado, McCutchen and probably Springer.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Three suggestions:
Cut playoff teams from 8 to 4. Make the regular season mean something.
A limit on pitching starts per week. Maybe 12.
Reduce weekly acquisition limit from 7 to maybe 4 or 5.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I can be for cutting the acquisitions to 5, however I cannot be for starting limits.

I'm also okay with lowering it to 4 if everyone is okay with that.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Nooo. I don't like limiting pitching starts and I don't like transaction limits already and 7 is already pretty low for baseball. I think you should be rewarded for being active... One per day seems perfectly fair.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:My keepers are Mookie Betts, Jake Arrieta and Madison Bumgarner.
Arr you only keeping three? With those 3, I'm guessing your barrel is pretty empty;)
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Nathan is at school - his Keepers (Minors)
Jose Abreu
Josh Donaldson
Russell Martin
Edwin Encarnacion
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote:
adam42381 wrote:My keepers are Mookie Betts, Jake Arrieta and Madison Bumgarner.
Arr you only keeping three? With those 3, I'm guessing your barrel is pretty empty;)
How many keepers do we get? I thought it was 3. My 4th will be Chris Davis.

EDIT: changed my 4th keeper.
Last edited by adam42381 on March 31st, 2016, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Yep you get 4 keepers.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
The league manager just needs to set a keepers time and it should show everyone's keepers. I'm sure there are some that didn't mark them.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Changed my Keepers - Keeping Rizzo, instead of Cruz. My team was just so stacked, hard to pick;)
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]