If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Go Panthers.
+1

Nothing against Denver or Manning, but it's time Carolina wins one.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am sick of seeing Manning every 5 seconds on TV. Yesterday in 2nd half the TV cameras were more focused on Manning, than anyone on the field, even when Denver did not have the ball.
There should be a rule that bans showing QBs on sideline when their team does not have the ball.
I hope Carolina defense puts Manning on the ground on every snap.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Manning is an SEC product ballcoach. I figured you would love him.

I would love to see Manning go out on top. The Panthers will get another chance.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Manning is an SEC product ballcoach. I figured you would love him.

I would love to see Manning go out on top. The Panthers will get another chance.
Postie is on the money. I would love to see Manning clutching the Lombardi trophy and announcing his retirement
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach has a scary propensity to want a lot of things banned
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
and make lotsa rules for other people
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Manning played at Tennessee. I do not acknowledge that TN is in the SEC. I have no love for Old Rocky Top.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Personally, I'd love to see Manning lose by 50. Unfortunately, that defense is full of stars and will give Cam issues. However, I think you could make the argument that the NFC was much, much better this year than the AFC. And Carolina has just run through everyone. Going to be a fun game...as long as Manning loses another SB. :D
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Manning is an SEC product ballcoach. I figured you would love him.

Ballcoach is a Bama fan...they have no love for anything Tennessee.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:

Ballcoach is a Bama fan...they have no love for anything of quality
FIFY
By bluejacket
VAGolf wrote:Personally, I'd love to see Manning lose by 50. Unfortunately, that defense is full of stars and will give Cam issues. However, I think you could make the argument that the NFC was much, much better this year than the AFC. And Carolina has just run through everyone. Going to be a fun game...as long as Manning loses another SB. :D
This could turn into a repeat of Super Bowl XLVIII.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Even though Peyton didn't go to Ole Miss like the rest of his family, I'll be pulling for him for Archie's sake: this would mean the world to him. But I don't think Peyton has a snowball's chance in Oxford to win this against the Panthers. Cam Newton is the NFL's version of Lebron James.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Even though Peyton didn't go to Ole Miss like the rest of his family, I'll be pulling for him for Archie's sake: this would mean the world to him. But I don't think Peyton has a snowball's chance in Oxford to win this against the Panthers. Cam Newton is the NFL's version of Lebron James.
Doesn't his brother have TWO Super Bowl rings? Yeah. I'm sure that never comes up at the holiday dinner table.

As for your Lebron statement........
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You know they weren't supposed to have much of a chance against New England
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Take it easy on ballcoach. Cam spent a year of his college career not far from my house here in Texas before Auburn upped the ante. So aybe that is why he doesn't think of him as an SEC guy even though he was on two SEC teams.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Denver will have a chance due to their defense but the panthers are playing at a whole other level right now.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Is Sly dropping a Blinn College reference? :rofl
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
NJCAA National Champs his one year in the hometown of Blue Bell Ice Cream.
By bluejacket
BJWilliams wrote:You know they weren't supposed to have much of a chance against New England
:dontgetit It was predicted to be a close game before the game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Everyone was picking New England blue...they were only just short of starting to preview a New England-Carolina rematch before the game yesterday.
By bluejacket
BJWilliams wrote:Everyone was picking New England blue...they were only just short of starting to preview a New England-Carolina rematch before the game yesterday.
I said nothing about picking teams by the "experts".

The line was NE -3. That's giving Denver a chance.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Everyone was picking New England blue...they were only just short of starting to preview a New England-Carolina rematch before the game yesterday.
I said nothing about picking teams by the "experts".

The line was NE -3. That's giving Denver a chance.
Yeah, the line was between -2.5 and -4 the whole week leading up to the game. A lot of people were on Denver. The Super Bowl line opened at -3.5 Carolina, but quickly moved to the -4 to -5 range.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]