If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
For one of the few times, New England got out coached. They never made any adjustments on offense.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
manning won't be "winning" anything if denver wins. This will be remembered as one of the worst statistical years of any superbowl winning qb.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope Manning has a QB Rating of minus zero in the game. I'd like to see Panthers win 49-0 or worse. I hope Panthers win in the biggest blowout in Super Bowl history, with Cam Newton throwing for 500 yards.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope Manning has a QB Rating of minus zero in the game. I'd like to see Panthers win 49-0 or worse. I hope Panthers win in the biggest blowout in Super Bowl history, with Cam Newton throwing for 500 yards.
What's your issue with Manning? He's an icon for good reason... Probably one of the best professional athletes in the modern era in terms of his on-field performance and reputation.
RubberMallet wrote:manning won't be "winning" anything if denver wins. This will be remembered as one of the worst statistical years of any superbowl winning qb.
Yeah that's wrong. If Denver wins the SB, it only adds to Manning's legacy, regardless of his performance during the regular season. The knock on him is he's only good during the regular season... performing well and helping your team win a SB after having a rough season only flips the script. It would be a storybook ending to one of the greatest-of-all-time QB's. Only people that truly dislike Manning will see it the way you put it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Dude was legitmately injured. The only real crack on him might be for being selfish in not pulling himself when he clearly was in no shape to compete.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Dude was legitmately injured. The only real crack on him might be for being selfish in not pulling himself when he clearly was in no shape to compete.
In fairness, that was something he did his entre career, and like Favre, he was able to pull it off for many years, but not so much as an old man.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Totally agree. Just trying to put the comments above in context.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
A few coworkers are going to the game this year. There are no tickets to be found for less than $3,000 right now. Airfare, hotel, transportation and ticket pushes a weekend trip close to $7,000 minimum. Totally ridiculous.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope Manning has a QB Rating of minus zero in the game. I'd like to see Panthers win 49-0 or worse. I hope Panthers win in the biggest blowout in Super Bowl history, with Cam Newton throwing for 500 yards.
What's your issue with Manning? He's an icon for good reason... Probably one of the best professional athletes in the modern era in terms of his on-field performance and reputation.
RubberMallet wrote:manning won't be "winning" anything if denver wins. This will be remembered as one of the worst statistical years of any superbowl winning qb.
Yeah that's wrong. If Denver wins the SB, it only adds to Manning's legacy, regardless of his performance during the regular season. The knock on him is he's only good during the regular season... performing well and helping your team win a SB after having a rough season only flips the script. It would be a storybook ending to one of the greatest-of-all-time QB's. Only people that truly dislike Manning will see it the way you put it.
Ballcoach's issue with manning can be summed up like this: He played for the Tennessee Volunteers. The end.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That seems reasonable compared to some past years. I guess without a Top-10 market involved to drive up prices the game still remains somewhat within the grasp of those willing to make the sacrifice.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
After having experienced a SB in Vegas I can't see being there live as a step up
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: Yeah that's wrong. If Denver wins the SB, it only adds to Manning's legacy, regardless of his performance during the regular season. The knock on him is he's only good during the regular season... performing well and helping your team win a SB after having a rough season only flips the script. It would be a storybook ending to one of the greatest-of-all-time QB's. Only people that truly dislike Manning will see it the way you put it.
he's already been mediocre in game one against a much easier defense. what i'm saying is he's going to have a much rougher go of it in a week and a half. but that doesn't mean they can't win. denvers d is ridiculous.

if he puts up stellar numbers sure. but i'm not betting on it, and i dont' think many are. my wifes family are all denver bronco's fans. a father, 3 uncles, and all their children. They are all not expecting it and they are homers.

He is one of the greatest of all times and one of my favorite qb's.
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:NJCAA National Champs his one year in the hometown of Blue Bell Ice Cream.
You mean Lysteria Ice Cream
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That too. Apparently that was why the cows that Brenham was heaven.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:
Humble_Opinion wrote: Yeah that's wrong. If Denver wins the SB, it only adds to Manning's legacy, regardless of his performance during the regular season. The knock on him is he's only good during the regular season... performing well and helping your team win a SB after having a rough season only flips the script. It would be a storybook ending to one of the greatest-of-all-time QB's. Only people that truly dislike Manning will see it the way you put it.
he's already been mediocre in game one against a much easier defense. what i'm saying is he's going to have a much rougher go of it in a week and a half. but that doesn't mean they can't win. denvers d is ridiculous.

if he puts up stellar numbers sure. but i'm not betting on it, and i dont' think many are. my wifes family are all denver bronco's fans. a father, 3 uncles, and all their children. They are all not expecting it and they are homers.

Fair enough. I too am a little worried that the game could quickly get away from the Broncos a la SB48. Denver's D is much better this go around compared to that year and I think their preparation will be better as well, particularly on the Defensive side of the ball. Wade Phillips seems to be pretty good at putting together a gameplan to stop opposing teams. I was happy to see Manning throw two quick TD's in the game against NE. He narrowly missed two others as well (one was actually WR Sanders fault for throwing a stutter step in the route instead of doing a straight go route). The other was just at the finger tips of an out-stretched Jordan Norwood. If they can get the timing down a little better, they may be able to put up enough points to at least keep it close, or sneak out a win.

I'm just hoping God is a Manning fan this year. :)
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:

Fair enough. I too am a little worried that the game could quickly get away from the Broncos a la SB48. Denver's D is much better this go around compared to that year and I think their preparation will be better as well, particularly on the Defensive side of the ball. Wade Phillips seems to be pretty good at putting together a gameplan to stop opposing teams. I was happy to see Manning throw two quick TD's in the game against NE. He narrowly missed two others as well (one was actually WR Sanders fault for throwing a stutter step in the route instead of doing a straight go route). The other was just at the finger tips of an out-stretched Jordan Norwood. If they can get the timing down a little better, they may be able to put up enough points to at least keep it close, or sneak out a win.

I'm just hoping God is a Manning fan this year. :)
yeah, he looked great for a quarter and then looked like absolute crap for the rest... the weakness in the panther d is the safety position but i'm not sure he can throw the ball down field well enough to make them pay.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope the Panther pass rush keeps him on his backside all game. I expect this game to be decided by halftime.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope the Panther pass rush keeps him on his backside all game. I expect this game to be decided by halftime.
You're an Alabama fan, right?

If so I don't get why you hate Manning so much but seem to love a former Auburn QB.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I hope the Panther pass rush keeps him on his backside all game. I expect this game to be decided by halftime.

If so I don't get why you hate Manning so much but seem to love a former Auburn QB.
He HATES UT more than AU.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
well that makes zero sense. I don't think I have ever met a bama fans that hates anything more than Auburn.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The day ballcoach makes sense is the day the trumpet sounds soon thereafter
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
thepostman wrote:

He HATES UT more than AU.
Then he isn't a true Alabama fan.
That's like saying 'I'm a Duke fan but hate Ga Tech more than UNC'
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
My thoughts on Super Bowl have nothing to do with where anyone went to college at. I do believe Carolina is the nearest NFL team in our part of the country. Everyone on east coast and in the south should pull for Panthers. Personally I do not like western teams, in any sport.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:My thoughts on Super Bowl have nothing to do with where anyone went to college at. I do believe Carolina is the nearest NFL team in our part of the country. Everyone on east coast and in the south should pull for Panthers. Personally I do not like western teams, in any sport.
For the Superbowl yes, but otherwise...

Depends on where you're located. Don't forget that Nashville has the Titans, Atlanta has the Falcons and Washington has the Redskins. When I lived in VA Beach, I could get to an Eagles game in the same amount of driving time as I could make it to a Redskins home game (this is accounting for traffic - if not for traffic, Philly would be another hour of driving time).
NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/GSwaim/status/1786182149940400[…]

NMSU

Any info about the new incoming players to the[…]

Volleyball Coach

"hitting coach" , I've heard that ter[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

OK, so the latest from ASOR says that Smith is com[…]