If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I see him putting up a stinker as well.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hope Carolina totally destroys Broncos, in the most lopsided Super Bowl ever.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That would be tough to top. Traditionally the Super Bowl has been a blowout waiting to happen.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Amen! They will be more entertaining than the game
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'm just looking forward to the halftime show w/ Coldplay and Beyoncé.
By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
As long as Peyton remembers he just needs to manage the game. Our D is rediculous this year and Wade is coaching for another head gig. He takes this extra week to figure out how to slow down Cam after slowing Brady and he'll get another shot.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
From the class of 09 wrote:As long as Peyton remembers he just needs to manage the game. Our D is rediculous this year and Wade is coaching for another head gig. He takes this extra week to figure out how to slow down Cam after slowing Brady and he'll get another shot.
Peyton is not one to readily swallow his massive ego for the good of the team. He's like Marino in a way
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Brady is easier for a DC to plan for than Cam Newton.
Agreed
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
From the class of 09 wrote:As long as Peyton remembers he just needs to manage the game. Our D is rediculous this year and Wade is coaching for another head gig. He takes this extra week to figure out how to slow down Cam after slowing Brady and he'll get another shot.
Peyton is not one to readily swallow his massive ego for the good of the team. He's like Marino in a way
His actions since the 7th week of the season would seem to prove otherwise. In numerous interviews this year he has gone out of his way to say that the Defense is the reason they are in the position they are in this week. I'm an avid fan of PM, so am I subject to bias? Absolutely. However, one of the reasons I like the guy is because, in my opinion, he isn't some egotistical piece of work. Every interview and pool quote he gives, on top of the quotes and support he receives from teammates would seem to fly in the face of what you said.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
This year it's true, but only because Brady didn't have an OLine and a running game. Does Cam have an ability to run? Absolutely, and it is an added challenge. But the Broncos have a very fast and aggressive defense. They have the ability to match-up man-to-man and their LB's (Trevathan & Marshall) have proven time and again that they can cover TE's and RB's. The challenge this game will be for the Broncos to find a way to contain Newton while still applying pressure. If they play disciplined, the D will keep them in this game and maybe provide them a chance to win in the end. If not, the game is over. I love Manning, but I just don't see their O catching fire a la 2013-14 in the Super Bowl against a top-ranked defense.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
radio row the week before the super bowl is some of the worst and yet some of the best radio of the year.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
This year it's true, but only because Brady couldn't deflate the balls anymore.
FTFY
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
the 2nd half of the indy game, the superbowl, and almost 40k yds 40tds and less than 10 picks this year say ball pressure didn't really matter much.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:radio row the week before the super bowl is some of the worst and yet some of the best radio of the year.
:exactly
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I enjoyed it...you win with what got you there...and Denver did just that thanks to the defense.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Good call
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Disconnect Olsen and Cam and you can control the Panther offence. Best team won for sure.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The general feeling going into the game was the Denver defense wasn't going to be able to figure out and contain Cam Newton. Clearly that thinking was wrong and Carolina could not contain or figure out Denver's amazing defense.

Defense wins championships. This is almost always the case.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Lady Gaga and Steve Harvey won the Superbowl.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]