If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
on that fumble, it seemed like he was in a weird position to go after it. it was right at his feet. like i don't see how he could of "dove" for it in any way. QB's don't typically get involved in that crap anyway. i know a few high end qb's in the league that woudln't of dove into that pile either.

He's very much a sour puss though.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
From the class of 09 wrote:The sour grapes on here are rediculous. How are you all going to get on some official over a questionable call (the catch/not a catch thing isn't a new controversy in the NFL) but not even mention Cam's lack of effort to recover his 2nd strip/fumble of the day.

You all got worked by best defense in the league and no one knew how to handle it. That said get Cam just a little help and I wouldn't want to face him in his next trip.
The fumble is being blown way out of proportion. Most QB's, especially ones that have any desire to escape the pocket, are told at an early age to never go after fumbles. Quarterbacks are at in an especially vulnerable position when diving on the ground for a loose ball. When you consider that it's likely been drilled into his head, for 15 years, to not go after fumbles, it's hard to change that mindset in the moment. It's unfortunate but it isn't a big deal.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Most quarterbacks aren't his size either. And I'm sure it's been drilled into his head not to do flips into the end zone and yet he does that with some regularity. I would agree with mallet that he was in an awkward position and that's why he didn't dive on it.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Most quarterbacks aren't his size either. And I'm sure it's been drilled into his head not to do flips into the end zone and yet he does that with some regularity. I would agree with mallet that he was in an awkward position and that's why he didn't dive on it.
Big Ben is exactly the same size as Cam Newton...yet he stays injured. Size doesn't have anything to do with it. There is a stark difference in diving into the end zone and go after a loose ball.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Does Big Ben get injured diving on fumbles? If not then what is your point? This is the Super Bowl, your team is behind. All caution is pretty well thrown to the wind, or should be if you are a true competitor.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Does Big Ben get injured diving on fumbles? If not then what is your point? This is the Super Bowl, your team is behind. All caution is pretty well thrown to the wind, or should be if you are a true competitor.
When does Big Ben dive for fumbles? Your argument was that Cam shouldn't be worried about getting injured, because of his size. Big Ben is a comparable that has suffered through numerous injuries. Doesn't matter if he gets injured going after fumbles, the comparison trumps your flawed logic.

When you're told to react a certain way for 15-20 years, it isn't as easy as simply, "throwing caution to the wind."
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
flamehunter wrote:Does Big Ben get injured diving on fumbles? If not then what is your point? This is the Super Bowl, your team is behind. All caution is pretty well thrown to the wind, or should be if you are a true competitor.
When does Big Ben dive for fumbles? Your argument was that Cam shouldn't be worried about getting injured, because of his size. Big Ben is a comparable that has suffered through numerous injuries. Doesn't matter if he gets injured going after fumbles, the comparison trumps your flawed logic.

When you're told to react a certain way for 15-20 years, it isn't as easy as simply, "throwing caution to the wind."
It's not flawed logic. Cam's size and strength decrease his chances of getting hurt in that situation. You bringing up Ben being hurt all the time is a flawed comparison because he's not getting hurt in fumble piles. So his injuries are irrelevant in this situation.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I thought he didn't go for it because he saw his lineman on the ground reaching for it. The guy missed it though because a Bronco was jumping on his back. There were several other key moments/plays. How about the INT by Ward at their 10 yd line that he subsequently fumbled around 3 Panthers only to have it recovered by Trevathan flying in and snatching it up? HUGE play. Ward was stumbling trying to get up to make a play after the INT. He should have just stayed on the ground. He was lucky to not have lost that fumble.
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]