If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe there are at least 2 teams in bowl games this year that LU has beaten in past 2 seasons.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Marshall is going bowling in Florida. Are the 'Eers?
By bluejacket
Yes. Cactus Bowl vs. Arizona State in Phoenix.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe there are at least 2 teams in bowl games this year that LU has beaten in past 2 seasons.

Appy ST and Ga State are both in bowls. Pretty much anyone with a winning record made a bowl this year and even some with losing records i.e. Nebraska. =
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Apparently Missouri could have gone to a bowl this year at 5-7. but voted against it. With losses to UK and Vandy, their season looks like an SEC version of ours if we hadn´t beaten Coastal.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Too high? Where did that rule come from? But Duke wins a game with a bad call. One that couldn't even be reviewed. IU got 'Duked' ha

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Marshall for the WIN 16-10. The ESPN announcers said that the Herd has the highest bowl game winning percentage in the country!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Frank Beamer goes out a winner as VT hangs on and defeats Tulsa 55-52 in the Independence Bowl.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was at the VT bowl game. I believe LU could have brought more fans than Tulsa did.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tulsa only has an enrollment of around 4500 students and a tiny alumni base. But their hoops program props up their athletics.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I did not realize their enrollment was that low. Also, their fans were the most unfriendly bunch I have ever seen at a bowl game. Sort of reminded me of UVA fans in general.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Their fans were the most unfriendly bunch I have ever seen at a bowl game. Sort of reminded me of UVA fans in general.
What? UVa fans are as polite as they get!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Their fans were the most unfriendly bunch I have ever seen at a bowl game. Sort of reminded me of UVA fans in general.
No way. They are snooty. I don't enjoy their crowd at all. I did have fun last year at the UNC game heckling the UVA hecklers. Between my taunts and Mrs Purples stare (they called her the B word) we soon put an end to their tomfoolery
WVU fans are much better. Unless we lose
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
No way. They are snooty. I don't enjoy their crowd at all. I did have fun last year at the UNC game heckling the UVA hecklers. Between my taunts and Mrs Purples stare (they called her the B word) we soon put an end to their tomfoolery
Yes. If WVU loses, hide your couches
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We only burn them when we win. We take losses out on the opposing teams fans
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I did not realize their enrollment was that low. Also, their fans were the most unfriendly bunch I have ever seen at a bowl game. Sort of reminded me of UVA fans in general.
Oh, good Lord. You are just making crap up. UVA fans are nauseatingly friendly.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Go to a UVA game wearing a VT cap, and you will see what I mean. I know a few UVA fans, most are somewhere out in left field,
By g-webb1994
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Yes. If WVU loses, hide your cousins

FIFY. :mrgreen:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Well-played, if this Mountaineer does say so himself.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Go to a UVA game wearing a VT cap, and you will see what I mean. I know a few UVA fans, most are somewhere out in left field,
I've been to plenty wearing much more than a VT cap. I've sat in the student section wearing VT gear. You're just making crap up.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I'm guessing ballcoach's sunny personality endears him quickly to the opposing team's fans. Once he tells them they shouldn't even be in FBS they turn on him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Crappy games today. Hopefully the New Years 6 are better
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
It's only halftime, but Sly has to be smiling: Houston is killing Florida State 21-3. :football
2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/memp[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]