If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
No breaking news yet, but I'm getting the thread ready for when there is. :wink:

Or, if you want to chime in on who you think it should be, feel free to discuss.

I'm hoping for Richt.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
UVA fans don't actually believe they had a chance to land Richt do they?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:UVA fans don't actually believe they had a chance to land Richt do they?
Yep. IMO if the Miami job was t open he would have taken it
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
VAGolf wrote:UVA fans don't actually believe they had a chance to land Richt do they?
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts..............................

Actually, I think you may be right on that.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:It looks like Richt is heading to Miami :vomit
Perhaps the "moral" coach will turn the program around in more than one way.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

He would have taken a year off. His family actually was asking him to take a year off...he took the Miami job because it's a dream job of his. UVA never had a real chance to land a coach of that caliber. Hard to land a coach like Richt when you're one of the most lackadaisical programs in the country.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Why would any coach want to go to Charlottesville , unless they are a baseball or tennis coach.
You might ask Tony Bennett that question.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Why would any coach want to go to Charlottesville , unless they are a baseball or tennis coach.
Or Bruce Arena
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was just taking a shot at football. I was somewhat surprised Bennett went there. But I guess he wanted to coach in ACC.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Washington State is not exactly a basketball hotbed. He had them in the Sweet 16, which is nothing short of amazing considering their pedigree. And that was before Klay Thompson got there. Virginia has outstanding basketball facilities and aspirations. That was a no-brainer move for him.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
Or Bruce Arena
And Arena did it for TWO sports - soccer and lacrosse.

Completely irrelevant to the original point
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: If ifs and buts were candy and nuts..............................
We'd all have a merry Christmas!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Could it be a former LU coach who is now at Richmond ?
You mean Danny Rocco? I guess anything is possible...
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Names being talked about:
Greg Schiano
Troy Calhoun (Air Force)
Jeff Brohm (WKU)
Jeff Tedford
Sonny Dykes (Cal)
Mack Brown is said to be trying to get an interview
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Schiano & Dykes look like bad matches for UVa. Both have big personalities that may not fit in well with the wine & cheese set in Charlottesville. I have been a huge fan of the Dykes family for years. But i don't see Sonny fitting in well.

I wonder how much of this Mack Brown speculation is coming from an agent looking to gain some commission. He's earned the right to enjoy the good life in Austin in semi-retirement. But i can tell you that as an Eastern Tennessee native married to a Research Triangle native/real estate mogul, Virginia might have some appeal to him. I know he has mentioned that he & Sally regularly fly back to their cabins in the mountains in NC.
By Wvflame2013
I don't think UVA is a very good gig. Gonna be tough to get a really good coach. I may be totally wrong. Best bet is catching lightning in a bottle and seeing that coach bolt at the next gig. UVA is a stepping stone school or a school that a coach goes to slip off into obscurity.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
that seems way odd to me but what do I know.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Wvflame2013 wrote:I don't think UVA is a very good gig. Gonna be tough to get a really good coach. I may be totally wrong. Best bet is catching lightning in a bottle and seeing that coach bolt at the next gig. UVA is a stepping stone school or a school that a coach goes to slip off into obscurity.
You were saying...
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
Wvflame2013 wrote:I don't think UVA is a very good gig. Gonna be tough to get a really good coach. I may be totally wrong. Best bet is catching lightning in a bottle and seeing that coach bolt at the next gig. UVA is a stepping stone school or a school that a coach goes to slip off into obscurity.
You were saying...
How is UVA still not a "stepping stone school" Beej? If the BYU coach wants to "move up" in coaching, he will need to either 1) go to a better program or 2) go to a better conference. In this case, he is taking a step up in conference (from a lack of one). If UVA sees a big turn around, Mendenhall will have offers elsewhere... and he'll probably take it. lol
Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]

I'm not sure why anyone thought online would eve[…]

Longwood

Did you make the trip to Farmville?

G5 Playoff Only

We DO NOT want this. This is Division 1AA all ove[…]