If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I never said that VT does t travel well. That's why they would have gotten a Bowl bid with 5 wins this year whether or not Beamer retired
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
I would have hated that, personally. It's bad enough that you can keep a streak going with a 6-6 record. I would have wanted to see an asterisk by the "streak" had it continued in that fashion.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I was sort of hoping VT would go to Shreveport this season after they beat UVA. But I plan on going to Waco, TX in February to see LU and Baylor play softball, so one trip down that way is enough. I hope Charlotte is it now.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'd go if it were in Shreveport. Its right down I-20
By bluejacket
Chris Lang wrote:The funny thing is that the "worst" bowl Tech has been to during that time was the Independence Bowl, and that was in the first year of the streak. Tech travels well and gets rewarded with decent bowls, even in down seasons. I know you're joking, but during the streak, Tech has been to ...

1 BCS National Championship
4 Sugar Bowls (including said national championship)
4 Orange Bowls
5 Gator Bowls (or whatever the hell it's called these days)
2 Chick-fil-A Bowls
1 each of the Sun, Military, Russell Athletic, Insight, San Francisco, Music City and Independence (and soon to be Belk, I hope).

That ain't shabby.
Agreed. They've done pretty well over the years. VT is not a total rebuild, but they are not a program on the cusp of being in the CFP or competing for a national championship either.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Can agree with that. They're not that far away from being a regular in the ACC title game again, but there's a lot of work to be done to get back to being in the top 5, or even the top 10.

And Shreveport? Ick. There's no one in the ACC that wants that bowl game. It was great for Tech in '93, though, considering where the program had been. I selfishly want Belk because it's a reasonable 4-hour scoot from RVA and I love the Charlotte brewery scene.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My point is they don't need to ask for a lot of improvement as far as W/L record is concerned to go from average to even above average, much less CFP level elite
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I was sort of hoping VT would go to Shreveport this season after they beat UVA. But I plan on going to Waco, TX in February to see LU and Baylor play softball, so one trip down that way is enough. I hope Charlotte is it now.
Well they're going to Shreveport. Of course I would have to be in VA while they're in Shreveport.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Kinda fitting that his first and last bowl game are the same game...hope the boys send him out a winner and carry him off one more time.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Which one? Independence Bowl has plenty of free parking at the State Fairgrounds. Same goes for the softball stadium at Baylor which shares large parking lot with baseball stadium and Ferrell Center.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
They likely charge for parking on game day. But if you get there reasonably early then you will be able to park relatively close to the stadium.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]