If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So a CSU/CCU could be a possibility. I could be a big CSU fan!
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
How does a 6-5 Western Illinois team that lost to Coastal get in? I'm not saying we deserved it but I could've found other teams

Let's say if we would have beat GW and still lost to Monmouth and CSU, are we in?
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:How does a 6-5 Western Illinois team that lost to Coastal get in? I'm not saying we deserved it but I could've found other teams

Let's say if we would have beat GW and still lost to Monmouth and CSU, are we in?
Looking at their schedule, they played 7 games against top 25 teams including 4 games against teams ranked in the top 5 at the time of their meetings. They went 3 and 4 in those games. Their other loss was to FBS Illinois. I'm not saying they definitely deserved to make the playoffs, but they played a really tough schedule. Their record looks worse than what they are.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I guess I should have done a quick Google search which would have kept me from having to type all of that out.

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I guarantee they want The Citadel though since they refuse to play a home and home with CSU.
Didn't realize that. Yeah, I'm sure it would be sweet to force a Citadel trip to North Charleston. Would probably be a huge crowd, too. But can Citadel beat Coastal to get there? I have my doubts.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think they can give coastal a fit...they run the triple option a lot better than Kennesaw State and have the speed to get outside on the Chants but they have a good fullback for the dive as well
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:But can Citadel beat Coastal to get there? I have my doubts.
Seeing as they beat SCAR on Saturday yeah pretty sure they can take Coastal.

Then again... Any Given Saturday
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Wait, Scar has football eligibility left?
Yes, he is currently enrolled at an NAIA school playing quarterback :P
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
JK37 wrote:But can Citadel beat Coastal to get there? I have my doubts.
Seeing as they beat wannabe USC/wannabe Carolina on Saturday yeah pretty sure they can take Coastal.

Then again... Any Given Saturday
FTFY
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The CAA is like Coastal Carolina, they get too much love that isn't deserved. Richmond gets home game in a 8 or 9000 seat stadium. The Spiders should have been sent to West coast.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I'm tired of having "oh what could have been..." moments. If we had beat GW and Monmouth we would have been in for sure. We might have jumped Coastal after our win against them. Then again, if we had beat GW and Monmouth our team this year might not have beat Coastal. Weird how that works...

Anyways - GO CSU. While I'm sure they don't want to have to play Coastal again, it would be awesome to have a Big South team knock Coastal out of their last venture to the FCS playoffs.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The CAA is like Coastal Carolina, they get too much love that isn't deserved. Richmond gets home game in a 8 or 9000 seat stadium. The Spiders should have been sent to West coast.
So because they have a small stadium they don't deserve a home game? You're logic is awesome...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think there are NCAA requirements for seating in order to host a game, but I may be wrong. But if it is, I find it hard to believe Richmond's "high school stadium" is large enough.

For the record, I despise JMU and Richmond.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think there are NCAA requirements for seating in order to host a game, but I may be wrong. But if it is, I find it hard to believe Richmond's "high school stadium" is large enough.

I think I need to start compiling a list of teams you despise:
1. Richmond
2. JMU
3. CSU
4. Coastal
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I think there are NCAA requirements for seating in order to host a game, but I may be wrong. But if it is, I find it hard to believe Richmond's "high school stadium" is large enough.

We had no idea.
LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]