If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
More head coaches across the country consume alcohol before and after games than you think. Trust me. its usually the equipment guys job to store it in the coaches locker room trunk. I've talked to and am friends with many equipment guys whose grocery list includes alcohol for the coaches locker room. its a culture thing. Most do it responsibly. Sark obviously did not have that restraint.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:A Head Coach should not consume alcohol .
Jesus was the head coach of a 12 man roster and he was known to turn water into wine.
By bluejacket
I'm thinking that this doesn't help Sumlin's reputation among prospective employers.....
Warning for language
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By bluejacket
Video of Texas A&M HC Kevin Sumlin drunk at a coaches convention in Indianapolis in 2014.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:Video of Texas A&M HC Kevin Sumlin drunk at a coaches convention in Indianapolis in 2014.
There aren't many coaches who go to AFCA and don't get sauced. Trust me there are some big names i've seen hammered several times.
By bluejacket
flamesfilmguy wrote:There aren't many coaches who go to AFCA and don't get sauced. Trust me there are some big names i've seen hammered several times.
I don't disagree.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Miami & USC fans are getting ridiculous. Here are a few predictions I've heard this week from fans of either schools.

Miami fans think they're getting Jon Gruden, Jimmy Johnson, or Chip Kelly.
USC fans think they're getting Pete Carroll, Jon Gruden or Sean Payton.

^None of those are happening.

USC is going to offer Kyle Whittingham and he will likely decline but for now, he has to be the leading candidate.

Miami's job is between Greg Schiano and Rich Rod. Unless, Beamer steps down from VT...and then Rich Rod will be in Blacksburg.

Lane Kiffin likely ends up at South Carolina or stays in Tuscaloosa.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:
bluejacket wrote:Video of Texas A&M HC Kevin Sumlin drunk at a coaches convention in Indianapolis in 2014.
There aren't many coaches who go to AFCA and don't get sauced. Trust me there are some big names i've seen hammered several times.
That goes for most if not all work related Conventions.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:
That goes for most if not all work related Conventions.
This is also true. The AEMA(athletic equipment managers association, for those who don't want to look it up)convention is quite a Spectacle.
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Rough game today for the Longhorns. Sly, you still feel like Strong is safe for one more year?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Kiffin to South Carolina? Nah brah.

Kirby Smart? There ya go.
Kiffin would be more in line with the "ole ball coach," at least his shooting off the mouth. Kirby would be the smart choice. I hope neither go.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Why would Rich Rod leave Zona?

Bud took the fall a bit for Fine-gate. I'm not sure he's beloved very much by Whit Babcock. And Babcock will want to make a splash here, I believe. I know the guy, and he's just ruthless enough to tell the good ol' boy fanbase there that wants Foster to shove it and hire his guy. And Babcock knows Rich Rod well, so there's that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If they hire the Arizona coach it will definitely be a slap in the face to the VT fan base considering where he coached before
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, that would be like Marshall hiring a WVU coach. Oh, wait, Doc Holiday came from Morgantown, and that seemed to work out okay for the Thundering Herd. We are...Marshall.

If Tech hired RichRod, that would give me another reason to root against them and pull for my other alma mater, UVa. Go Hoos!
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:If they hire the Arizona coach it will definitely be a slap in the face to the VT fan base considering where he coached before
Wow, still not naming him. The anger runs deep!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Yeah, that would be like Marshall hiring a WVU coach. Oh, wait, Doc Holiday came from Morgantown, and that seemed to work out okay for the Thundering Herd. We are...Marshall.

If Tech hired RichRod, that would give me another reason to root against them and pull for my other alma mater, UVa. Go Hoos!
And WVU would have been wise to hire him instead of Holgerson
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I've always read/heard that Bud Foster does not want to be a HC anywhere, including VT. That he really likes the work he does as the DC, which is why they've been willing to make him one of the top paid assistants in the country. I'd say his track record has been pretty good. VT has struggled because of their offense and because they don't get as much production from Special Teams as they used to.
LSU

What are you guys worried about? The team will win[…]

NMSU

I do not see the European players to be as fast as[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Yeah Reese Smith I think? There was another guy wh[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

No other demcrates with name recognition are tough[…]