If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bluejacket
Sly Fox wrote:I think Charlie might survive. This is only year #2 in Austin. But he definitely needs to show improvement quickly.
Today's game against OU is critical. I don't think that Texas has to win the game, but they can't have a TCU game either.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:You don't fire a guy who just beat the Swooners in Fair Park. Today guarantees him at least one more year.
I was thinking the same thing. Plus, I believe, he has the Mac Brown seal of approval
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Right now that would be a kiss of death in Austin. Much of Charlie's disappointing results are still being blamed on Mack.
Huh. I thought he was being rumored to be in the running for the AD slot
By bluejacket
Sly Fox wrote:He wants it but that is not going to happen.
Definitely not.
By bluejacket
Sly Fox wrote:You don't fire a guy who just beat the Swooners in Fair Park. Today guarantees him at least one more year.
Nope. Huge win for Texas.
By bluejacket
"Dan McCarney dismissed at North Texas"
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ssing-loss
Dan McCarney has been fired as North Texas coach, the school announced an hour after a disappointing, blowout loss to an FCS program that continued a spiraling season.

The Mean Green lost their homecoming game to Portland State 66-7 on Saturday, falling to 0-5.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:"Dan McCarney dismissed at North Texas"
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ssing-loss
Dan McCarney has been fired as North Texas coach, the school announced an hour after a disappointing, blowout loss to an FCS program that continued a spiraling season.

The Mean Green lost their homecoming game to Portland State 66-7 on Saturday, falling to 0-5.
Coach Gill´s alma matre is still the only team SMU has beaten this year. Pretty bad when you schedule an FCS team for homecoming and not only lose, but get demolished by 60 points.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
The North Texas AD is probably going to get the axe soon. The coaching world has blown up on him for his handling of the firing of a well liked Coach McCarney. He walked into the locker room post game and apparently fired him in front of some of his players that were still in the locker room. It went over like a lead balloon.
By bluejacket
olldflame wrote:Coach Gill´s alma matre is still the only team SMU has beaten this year.
So what? Not everything is about Coastal or JMU.
By bluejacket
flamesfilmguy wrote:The North Texas AD is probably going to get the axe soon. The coaching world has blown up on him for his handling of the firing of a well liked Coach McCarney. He walked into the locker room post game and apparently fired him in front of some of his players that were still in the locker room. It went over like a lead balloon.
McCarney should have been fired, but it does sound like his firing was handled inappropriately.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:
olldflame wrote:Coach Gill´s alma matre is still the only team SMU has beaten this year.
So what? Not everything is about Coastal or JMU.
Where in his comment did he make it about Coastal or JMU? All he said was that UNT is the only team SMU has beaten. Now because you brought them up...YOU just made it about Coastal or JMU
By bluejacket
BJWilliams wrote:Where in his comment did he make it about Coastal or JMU? All he said was that UNT is the only team SMU has beaten. Now because you brought them up...YOU just made it about Coastal or JMU
Just stop. He's been on this since the GSU postgame thread.
By bluejacket
Mike London's seat is on fire. Narduzzi is a very good coach and Pitt is on the upswing, but I can't see how he survives much longer. Syracuse is a must win.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]