If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
olldflame wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:Can't really confirm it (because no one would ever talk about it on record) but one of my JMU folks says Chadwell turned them down.
Wouldn't surprise me at all. While it may appear at first glance that JMU is a huge step up (and in many ways it is) they have major constraints in terms of the salary they can offer. Despite their limited budget, as a private school Chuck South has the freedom to sweeten the pot for a difference maker like he has been.

Caldwell is a rising star, and with Coastal out of the picture and the BSC having pretty much established itself as a 2 bid league, his path to another playoff berth may in fact be easier there than at JMU. One more year like this one and he will have set himself for a possible G5 HC job.
They have the freedom, but no coin. I am surprised no one has hired him yet. Can't imagine him turning down JMU either. Not saying he didn't, I have no idea.
I realize CSU is strapped for cash, but with Chadwell they are not only winning, but starting to put butts in seats. In the context of a D1 football budget, you can argue that a bump of $50,000, or even $100,000 in his salary is a sound investment if it keeps him around even one more year.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:I was a bit surprised when Fritz left Georgia Southern for Tulane (why?), that Chadwell didn't get a serious look there.
one word: Money. Fritz is no spring Chicken and he's probably reached his ceiling as far as getting a major job goes. plus the expectations at Tulane are a heck of a lot lower than at Southern.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:HCTG just hired a special teams coach who used to coach with him at Nebraska, Scott Downing.

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/damie ... 620eb.html
This probable should be in the football forum, but I like the move. 2 thoughts: I hope Downing has already been on the phone to Theo Anderson and I suspect Stamn is updating his resume' as I type this.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]