If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

This is not fully related to the subject, but check this out:
theScore - NCAA coaches, Adidas exec among 10 charged in corruption scheme
NCAA coaches, Adidas exec among 10 charged in corruption scheme
https://www.thescore.com/news/1383457
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Its sad that these schools are getting top recruits is because they give them things under the table. Now if LU isn't as great as these teams, then that's fine by me. Of course I hope one day that we can get into a top tier conference and make an impact, but not like this. Of course this will not get as much coverage and will be forgotten in a few days. If this was LU though, you can only imagine how this story would escalate very quickly.
I believe this scandal will involve more than the 4 or 5 schools that have been mentioned so far. Also, I heard that it will eventually cross over into football. There are a lot of rogue individuals out there, and a lot of money is being paid under the table, to steer recruits/players to certain schools, agents, and "runners."
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe this scandal will involve more than the 4 or 5 schools that have been mentioned so far. Also, I heard that it will eventually cross over into football. There are a lot of rogue individuals out there, and a lot of money is being paid under the table, to steer recruits/players to certain schools, agents, and "runners."
Football, unlikely. Shoe companies have no leverage pushing players to certain schools in football. AAU/shoe companies are the most corrupt organization in sports.

Nike got raided today. Probably every blue blood programs are going to get hit. A lot of flipping will be happening in the coming days.

some red flags for 2017
Bowen was all Creighton until the sudden Louisville commit, which was confirmed.
Marvin Bagley was all USC until the sudden Duke commit and reclassifying.
Lonnie Walker was all Nova until the sudden Miami commit, they were listed in the reports for a 2018 recruit.

I used to be involved with an AAU team and there were always talk of players getting cash but everyone really didn't care. I stopped in 2014 but I heard some crazy numbers like Wiggins getting 500k and Nerlens getting 250k
My first indication that AAU was crooked, came when I was an Assistant High School Basketball Coach. We had a 6-7 10th grader, who had D1 potential. He was playing AAU ball in summer. His AAU coach had him to transfer to a Private School. This same coach recruited a player from Texas to Virginia, enrolled him in a public school for 1 year, then transferred him to a private school. Rest of story is fairly long, but later this rogue coach went to prison .
NCAA needs to pass a rule that forbids college coaches from recruiting or even watching AAU basketball. Go thru high schools in all recruiting.
I hear you, ballcoach.

But then the money will just flow through the HS coaches. Heck, you'll see a bunch more AAU guys become HS coaches.

The result of all this FBI involvement wont be that the money stops; it'll just be that it comes from and flows through different places. As long as NCAA athletes are treated fairly in an open market, money will flow in an underground market.
JK37 wrote:I hear you, ballcoach.

But then the money will just flow through the HS coaches. Heck, you'll see a bunch more AAU guys become HS coaches.

The result of all this FBI involvement wont be that the money stops; it'll just be that it comes from and flows through different places. As long as NCAA athletes are treated fairly in an open market, money will flow in an underground market.
You say that like it's a bad thing :pbjtime :cheerleader :pbjtime
There will always be problems until NCAA stops being driven by $$$$$$$$$$$$. Sports should be about playing the game and trying to win championships. It should never be about money. The NCAA sets a bad example by paying their Commissioner, President of what ever his title is, millions of dollars, and he basically does nothing.
ballcoach15 wrote:There will always be problems until NCAA stops being driven by $$$$$$$$$$$$. Sports should be about playing the game and trying to win championships. It should never be about money. The NCAA sets a bad example by paying their Commissioner, President of what ever his title is, millions of dollars, and he basically does nothing.
When do you think the NCAA WASNT driven by money :dontgetit
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]