If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

SuperJon wrote:
thepostman wrote:This isn't a justification by any means but I doubt any of this comes out if payment was still being made.
Boom.
Possibly. On the other hand, they were really working cheap. She may have just realized she could make more money this way than continuing to provide the Cardinals with bargain basement services. I have a feeling she was right.
ballcoach15 wrote:Interesting to see what NCAA does with this. Probably sweep it under rug and pretend it never happened.

I think a 5 year post season ban would be in order.
That would be more than what the NCAA gave Penn State.
ATrain wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Interesting to see what NCAA does with this. Probably sweep it under rug and pretend it never happened.

I think a 5 year post season ban would be in order.
That would be more than what the NCAA gave Penn State.
But this would be an actual violation of NCAA rules instead of the NCAA just making up rules like they did with Penn State (and many other scenarios)
The question I have is does the NCAA have a precedent upon which to levy sanctions for a situation of this magnitude and this particular context. Even Miami and SMU football (the only Division I football program to ever receive the "death penalty") did not have situations where an assistant coach was bringing in women of ill repute for entertaining recruits as well as current players.
BJWilliams wrote:The question I have is does the NCAA have a precedent upon which to levy sanctions for a situation of this magnitude and this particular context. Even Miami and SMU football (the only Division I football program to ever receive the "death penalty") did not have situations where an assistant coach was bringing in women of ill repute for entertaining recruits as well as current players.
Well it's clearly extra benefits, and when money has been involved, it seems like that is all the NCAA has cared about regardless of what was bought with the money. I'm sure they'll try to overstep their bounds on this one like they did with Penn State and make up rules to punish them harsher.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
oldflame wrote:The NCAA shoe comes down hard on Pitino and Co.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rick-pitin ... 11751.html

Unless they can win an appeal, the 2013 national championship will be vacated, which would be a first.

Michigan should've had that championship in my opinion lol. This is not looking good at all.
They can't just give the championship to Michigan because all of Louisville's games in the tourney were vacated, so you don't know who would have faced Michigan in the final, let alone whether they would have beaten them.
There were so many bad calls during that championship game that gave it to Louisville. I don't have to guess who would've won against Michigan and who ever they would've played. That team was golden and was a giant during that season. When Burke and Halloway Jr. was on the court, the other teams had to give it their all. They didn't make it to the finals by a fluke.
I still can't believe the ACC let Louisville into conference with all their baggage, not to mention their academics. Normally when a new school joins a conference, the commissioner says what a great academic institution it is. I never heard that about Louisville and their 160th academic ranking.
oldflame wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
oldflame wrote:The NCAA shoe comes down hard on Pitino and Co.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rick-pitin ... 11751.html

Unless they can win an appeal, the 2013 national championship will be vacated, which would be a first.

Michigan should've had that championship in my opinion lol. This is not looking good at all.
They can't just give the championship to Michigan because all of Louisville's games in the tourney were vacated, so you don't know who would have faced Michigan in the final, let alone whether they would have beaten them.
Witchita St was the hottest team in the Tournament. They gave Louisville all they wanted and then some. So I'm not sure Michigan would have won
Then if you go back to the Elite 8, the Blue Devils were there. You had the Plumlees A guy named Curry. Ryan Kelly was having a solid year and Sulliman was legit back then.
So, yeah, can't really give Michigan the Title
I now hear Louisville in involved in the scandal in which 4 coaches were arrested, even though no Louisville coaches have been arrested............................................... yet.

NCAA Investigative Team needs to get an office in Louisville, KY

In this latest scandal, it's the FBI involved, not NCAA investigating. Big difference.
ballcoach15 wrote:I now hear Louisville in involved in the scandal in which 4 coaches were arrested, even though no Louisville coaches have been arrested............................................... yet.

NCAA Investigative Team needs to get an office in Louisville, KY

In this latest scandal, it's the FBI involved, not NCAA investigating. Big difference.
First they need to hit The Tarholes with the death penalty, then go after Louisville. First things first. 8)

I think the online strategy has proven to have[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. That's[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

If Cleveland isn't in gym everyday working on addi[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1782[…]