If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Which softball players are leaving ? I only know of one.
You saw the numbers on the thread in the softball forum. There WILL be more leaving, and it won´t be just a couple. The absolute max you can keep on a team is 19 or 20, and that´s pushing it. I figure at least 6 or 7 more from either the current roster or the recruiting class will not be around when the dust settles. Possibly more.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Andrew's Marquette career is not exactly off to a "Rowsing" start 8)

He has played in 2 of their 3 games, a total of 30 minutes and has a grand total of 2 points on 1-7 shooting overall and 0-5 from 3

Great move Wojo, and really classy playing Dawson for 4 minutes and costing him a year of eligibility :roll:
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Andrew's Marquette career is not exactly off to a "Rowsing" start 8)

He has played in 2 of their 3 games, a total of 30 minutes and has a grand total of 2 points on 1-7 shooting overall and 0-5 from 3

Great move Wojo, and really classy playing Dawson for 4 minutes and costing him a year of eligibility :roll:
I don't think that's a fair characterization at all. Dawson played 4 minutes in Marquette's season opener then decided to transfer after not getting any minutes in their next 7 games. He was terrible as a freshman, so it's not like he had earned playing time.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
olldflame wrote:Andrew's Marquette career is not exactly off to a "Rowsing" start 8)

I don't think that's a fair characterization at all. Dawson played 4 minutes in Marquette's season opener then decided to transfer after not getting any minutes in their next 7 games. He was terrible as a freshman, so it's not like he had earned playing time.
It may be a bit harsh, but IMHO he deserves it Wojo had all of Spring and Summer workouts and an entire pre-season Fall practice session to evaluate Dawson and determine whether he fit into his plans That decision was not based on those 4 garbage time minutes against TN-Martin He knew, and he could have handled it very differently
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Don't most marginal players get playing time at the end of early season games? This seems like sour grapes. Sure, it would be nice for him to have another year at Liberty, but come on.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Don't most marginal players get playing time at the end of early season games? This seems like sour grapes. Sure, it would be nice for him to have another year at Liberty, but come on.
It wasn't games It was one game 4 minutes There was no real reason to put him in that game, and if he didn't know that could cost the kid a year, he should have

I will readily admit that I am not a Wojo fan (although I am NOT a Duke hater either) I made the post mainly to gloat over his basically dumping a player like Dawson and then going after Rowsey, who I am fairly sure he liked mainly because he reminder him of, well, HIM
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
It was their first game. He didn't get to play in the next 7 (which were closer games against better teams) and decided to quit. I'm sure he would have gotten minutes in other blowout games later in the year if he'd stuck around. He wasn't good enough to play Big East basketball. It's that simple.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:It was their first game. He didn't get to play in the next 7 (which were closer games against better teams) and decided to quit. I'm sure he would have gotten minutes in other blowout games later in the year if he'd stuck around. He wasn't good enough to play Big East basketball. It's that simple.
So, every player who transfers when their coach (in this case a new coach who did not recruit him) makes it clear you do not fit into his plans and are not going to play, is a quitter :BS

With 20\20 hindsight, John probably should have stayed through the 2014-15 season before transferring It's likely Wojo would not have renewed his schollie, and he could possibly have played right away after transferring like Theo Johnson did, based on the "run-off" exception I don't blame him for leaving when he did though There was good reason to believe the NCAA would grant him that year, and they may yet on appeal, but there is no predicting what those guys will do
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Not at all. I just don't think the coach can be faulted for playing someone in the first game of the year. To think that the coach played him 4 minutes to burn his eligibility is a bit unrealistic.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Not at all. I just don't think the coach can be faulted for playing someone in the first game of the year. To think that the coach played him 4 minutes to burn his eligibility is a bit unrealistic.
I played in 6 games a total of 8 minutes my freshman year. I dressed the entire year and therefore burned that season. At the end of my career I was told a petition was filed to get my year back and was denied. The blame should be with the NCAA IMO. Coaches can't always tell how players will turn out that early in their career. playing that little and losing a year of eligibility should not be allowed. You should be able to retroactively apply for a red-shirt IMO. But certainly waivers in these cases should be considered and approved at a higher rate.

Rowsey's transfer as with Hornsby and many others that have left the Big South for greener pastures was a mistake, again in my opinion.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
adam42381 wrote:Not at all. I just don't think the coach can be faulted for playing someone in the first game of the year. To think that the coach played him 4 minutes to burn his eligibility is a bit unrealistic.
I played in 6 games a total of 8 minutes my freshman year. I dressed the entire year and therefore burned that season. At the end of my career I was told a petition was filed to get my year back and was denied. The blame should be with the NCAA IMO. Coaches can't always tell how players will turn out that early in their career. playing that little and losing a year of eligibility should not be allowed. You should be able to retroactively apply for a red-shirt IMO. But certainly waivers in these cases should be considered and approved at a higher rate.

Rowsey's transfer as with Hornsby and many others that have left the Big South for greener pastures was a mistake, again in my opinion.
At least you played your Freshman year. Ha
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Where is Rowsey at this year ? I have lost track of him.
Marquette He sat out last year under NCAA transfer rules and is playing this year He got off to a slow start, but had 20 in their last game against Pitt :shock:
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]