If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is not like Kyle and his team have ever shown any competence in the past. When you are ready to start looking at games down my way, I know some people with the Southland syndicated package.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:It is not like Kyle and his team have ever shown any competence in the past. When you are ready to start looking at games down my way, I know some people with the Southland syndicated package.
I really appreciate that Sly! I am going to open up my options in CUSA West next year too so I will start to get familiar with the teams in that region. My basketball hard drive in my mind is going to be full trying to keep track of so many teams.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Flamesfanva wrote:Scar -

You have shown real Christian character through this, may the Lord bless you. Best wishes to you!
Well I thank you for saying that. I have a lot of strong spiritual people praying for me all the time. Dr. Falwell used to tell me all the time that I was a lucky person because I had such a Godly mom that always prays for me. I didn't realize I had so many OTHER people in my corner as well.

Thanks so much!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
ASN is streaming games now (Medic). They are also archiving the games at a higher rate. I'm hearing that everyone is very happy with the production value of the football and basketball games from the AD's to the sponsors, to the conferences etc.

So when Liberty or other Big South teams of interest are on ASN going forward you shouldn't have any problems viewing.

My game last night I worked with Long Time ESPN/Big 12/Colorado Rockies Voice Dave Armstrong for the FAU at Harvard game last night in Cambridge Mass. Tommy Amaker is a really good coach and they blasted FAU but it was still fun to call.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:ASN is streaming games now (Medic). They are also archiving the games at a higher rate. I'm hearing that everyone is very happy with the production value of the football and basketball games from the AD's to the sponsors, to the conferences etc.

So when Liberty or other Big South teams of interest are on ASN going forward you shouldn't have any problems viewing.

My game last night I worked with Long Time ESPN/Big 12/Colorado Rockies Voice Dave Armstrong for the FAU at Harvard game last night in Cambridge Mass. Tommy Amaker is a really good coach and they blasted FAU but it was still fun to call.
You mean Coach K's heir apparent
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yeah Coach K has a few guys that are waiting to take his place: Johnny Dawkins, Steve Wojo, Chris Collins and Tommy Amaker. But you want to crown him? Crown him (Denny Green).
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I know its all football all the time here this weekend with the HUGE WIN over Coastal and the 1st playoff appearance in school history but I talked to ASN and my 1st week was a smashing success according to the Network Brass. So much so that they added 8 games to my schedule!!!! I'm so blessed and overwhelmed with this past few weeks since I got a phone call from Liberty letting me go.

I have 2 games down in Florida at FAU and FIU in Boca and Miami! 2 more ODU games bringing the grand total to 9. I get LA Tech, UAB, UTSA, UTEP, and others. I'm going to be tired by the end of the season.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Fantastic! None of us are surprised at all. Now you just need to accept a game at Rice so we can catch up.
Hopefully next year I'll get to the great state of Texas Sly. SJ I'm gonna have to call you SEEJ for that one :)
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Going to Asheville this weekend to do the Charlotte @ Asheville game on Sunday afternoon 3 PM American Sports Network. Its a good chance to see what Andrew Rowsey has in store for the Big South this season.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Caught the end of the Asheville - Charlotte game. Scar - you and your partner are legit. Great job! Also, Asheville will be a very tough game(s) for the Flames.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:Caught the end of the Asheville - Charlotte game. Scar - you and your partner are legit. Great job! Also, Asheville will be a very tough game(s) for the Flames.
Thanks Flamehunter! Sam Smith and I just met yesterday. He is pretty solid as a PBP guy. I have been fortunate. I worked with Mike Gleason and Dave Armstrong of ESPN and now Sam. I get Armstrong about 7 more times and Gleason one more. I'm also getting Tim Neverett and Ron Thulin. It has been a real pleasure so far.

That game yesterday was a lot of fun. Asheville has one of the best facilities in the conference. I'd say second to Vines, and maybe Winthrop. I wish I had some more Big South games but that was a CUSA game yesterday which is the only reason I was able to call it. I just watched the replay on MASN. What a finish!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
ODU hosts Georgia State on Wednesday in Norfolk on American Sports Network. Dave Armstrong and me on the call.

Friday I'm in Tennessee to call UTC @ MTSU. I wish it was ETSU but oh well. Anyway, SJ I expect you to make the drive. 8) In the Braxton Bonds thread this summer you said people make the drive between Knoxville and Nashville all the time. It's a Friday night game. I'm in Tennessee two more times this season as well.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
My partner for Wednesday's game is Dave Armstrong of ESPN. He is in Norman Oklahoma on Tuesday night calling the Oral Roberts @ Oklahoma game then he will be in Norfolk with me for the Georgia State/ODU game.
By #10
Registration Days Posts
Fewer and fewer of the old time guys left.... the ones who know and lived thru the LU birthing.
I'm glad to have known you. God Bless.
Maybe in twenty years you will be calling LU-ND on ESPN. Jeff wasn't good enough/fit in/? and look where he is today.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
#10 wrote:Fewer and fewer of the old time guys left.... the ones who know and lived thru the LU birthing.
I'm glad to have known you. God Bless.
Maybe in twenty years you will be calling LU-ND on ESPN. Jeff wasn't good enough/fit in/? and look where he is today.
Thanks #10. Hopefully our paths will cross again. I am even open to working Liberty games again if they would have me.

I told Jeff on Sunday that I pulled a Jeff Meyer. Get fired and advance to a much better situation. I have no ill will towards Liberty or those that made the decision to let me go. I pull for Liberty I still represent Liberty out in the world. I talked about our football team on the last telecast I did. I have an LU sticker on the back of my iPhone. I AM A FLAME FOR LIFE.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Back on the air tonight. Chattanooga @ MTSU. It is fun being down here in Nashville. I was here for family vacation summer 2013 so I feel like I know my way around a bit.

Looking forward to this one tonight. 8 PM Eastern on American Sports Network. Follow me on twitter @timscar20.

Thanks to Manson at Liberty Flames Nation for the very nice article on my yesterday too. Also a special thanks to the anonymous fan that wrote the article. I am truly honored.

http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/flam ... -the-hall/
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]