If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Good luck scar. I enjoyed you as well. Youll do well no doubt. One quick layer comment. Im really glad he picked up twitter. I think its shown more of who he is. He can come across as kind of boring and hard at the games and in interviews. Im rooting for him to turn it around this year
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Good luck scar. I enjoyed you as well. Youll do well no doubt. One quick layer comment. Im really glad he picked up twitter. I think its shown more of who he is. He can come across as kind of boring and hard at the games and in interviews. Im rooting for him to turn it around this year
Yeah Dale is actually a pretty animated and interesting person when you get to know him. A wry sense of humor but more than that he is a genuinely good guy. Coaches all over America have a ton of love for him.

Thanks for the support to btw Jinxy. I just can't wait to get back on the air on Friday night!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
i know the 'Powers That Be' don't read this board <wink wink> but if they did.......
Doesn't it say something that most of the current discussion is NOT about this years team but about an individual that you did not retain for no apparent reason?

Just sayin'. Might want to look into that
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Hopefully after Friday night's opening game the Flames will show us how good they can be this season. I can't wait to see them next Monday in person.

As far as being let go, I was ok with it even if I didn't get the ASN gig. In fact I had 0 leads the day they called me and let me know. I just asked was it performance related and they said no they like my work. I wish they would have let me know sooner because I have the feeling this move was in the works for some time. Maybe someday I will get to call Liberty games for LFSN again in the future. The door is not closed on my end that's for sure. I love the program and I want to see it succeed.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
SCAR, let me add my voice to those who are sad to see you go. But as you know, God's ways are higher than our ways and years from now I'm sure you'll look back and see Him at work through this whole time of transition. Love your attitude and you are as classy as it gets. Now go show the world what Liberty grads are all about!
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:SCAR, let me add my voice to those who are sad to see you go. But as you know, God's ways are higher than our ways and years from now I'm sure you'll look back and see Him at work through this whole time of transition. Love your attitude and you are as classy as it gets. Now go show the world what Liberty grads are all about!
:D 8) CAN'T WAIT!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:Hopefully after Friday night's opening game the Flames will show us how good they can be this season. I can't wait to see them next Monday in person.

As far as being let go, I was ok with it even if I didn't get the ASN gig. In fact I had 0 leads the day they called me and let me know. I just asked was it performance related and they said no they like my work. I wish they would have let me know sooner because I have the feeling this move was in the works for some time. Maybe someday I will get to call Liberty games for LFSN again in the future. The door is not closed on my end that's for sure. I love the program and I want to see it succeed.
F M. Just saying....
:twisted:
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Ok I finally have my schedule finalized for any of you that care. Basically I am covering mostly CUSA and Atlantic 10 games. I am SO PUMPED about the Atlantic 10 matchups. I get to go to Philly to do a game at LaSalle! I grew up in a house that I could actually see the campus of LaSalle and some of my teammates from summer league played there and made it to the NBA (Doug Overton, Randy Woods). LaSalle is also the alma Mater of my favorite Color guy Bill Raftery.

Fri 11/14/2014 8 PM Florida Atlantic @ Elon
Tues 11/18/2014 8 PM Richmond @ Old Dominion
Thur 11/20/2014 8 PM Florida Atlantic @ Harvard
Sun 11/30/2014 3 PM Charlotte @ UNC Asheville

Wed 12/17/2014 8 PM Georgia State @ Old Dominion
Mon 12/29/2014 8 PM Mount St. Mary's @ Old Dominion

Sat 1/3/2015 4 PM St Bonaventure @ UMass
Sat 1/10/2015 1 PM Rhode Island @ Duquesne
Sat 1/17/2015 8 PM Elon @ James Madison

Wed 2/18/2015 7 PM Duquesne @ LaSalle
Thurs 2/19/2015 5:30 PM Southern Miss @ Old Dominion
Sat 2/21/2015 3 PM Louisiana Tech @ Old Dominion
Wed 2/25/2015 7 PM St Bonaventure @ George Washington

Wed 3/4/2015 7 PM Richmond @ UMass
Thur 3/5/2015 8 PM Marshall @ Old Dominion
Sat 3/7/2015 5:30 PM Western Kentucky @ Old Dominion
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Are you on the ODU payroll yet? HaHa

Haha I love it. Ted Constance Center is a very nice arena and that is a solid program. I just can't believe I get to do A10 games. No one even knows that ASN has a contract with them. That was a pleasant surprise for me. Next season I am going to open up my options if I can and try to do some CUSA West games and get down your way Sly. I told them I didn't want to do a lot of distance so they worked with me. Thanks again man for all your guidance through this process. I can't believe how fast this is all happening.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
SCAR, I'm glad to see that you're doing a Marshall game. Talk about movin' on up... :wink:

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:SCAR, I'm glad to see that you're doing a Marshall game. Talk about movin' on up... :wink:

All this time I have referred to that as an Old Dominion Game Jim haha.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:SCAR, I'm glad to see that you're doing a Marshall game. Talk about movin' on up... :wink:

All this time I have referred to that as an Old Dominion Game Jim haha.
Probably for the best
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
g-webb1994 wrote:I've always wanted to see a game at The Palestra, maybe SCAR will get lucky and do a game there soon.
'll do a game at a playground if I get to work with Mike Gleason every time. What a pro! Our game was great!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have been stuck in practical isolation in Seattle all week and couldn't catch the first game, Scar. But I am jazzed you had a great first experience. When will you be updating your avatar at Nick's expense?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I have been stuck in practical isolation in Seattle all week and couldn't catch the first game, Scar. But I am jazzed you had a great first experience. When will you be updating your avatar at Nick's expense?
Haha I tried to take a good pick of me and Glee (that's what everyone calls him) on the TV but couldn't get a good frame. I'll try again on Tuesday. He told me to ask ASN if I could be his full time partner Sly! He said it 4 times on Friday. He has 2 games with RAYCOM this season but hopes to get more next year and is trying to bring me with him. I'm honored and blessed.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
This is how the business works. If you develop a repoire with somebody it pays big dividends. Most PxP guys work for a ton of different folks and have influence on who works beside them. I know you mentioned that you will be working with Thulin as well. He is really well connected with the regional networks. I recommend making fast friends with him.

Now that you are off the LU payroll, perhaps Kyle will start asking for you for Big South games. Then again, he proved with his boy at CCU that being paid by school is not a dealbreaker.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:This is how the business works. If you develop a repoire with somebody it pays big dividends. Most PxP guys work for a ton of different folks and have influence on who works beside them. I know you mentioned that you will be working with Thulin as well. He is really well connected with the regional networks. I recommend making fast friends with him.

Now that you are off the LU payroll, perhaps Kyle will start asking for you for Big South games. Then again, he proved with his boy at CCU that being paid by school is not a dealbreaker.
Yeah I have Thulin a few times too. I hope he likes my work. ASN brass seemed to be pleased with Friday night which is pretty cool. I got more feedback on Saturday than I got in 11 years at Liberty. As for Big South? I would say I may NEVER get that job. No worries here. CUSA, ATLANTIC10, IVY and CAA will have to do :wink: They didn't even want to use Gleason! He told me he had some games in that league but they got rescinded because they already have their own people. ASN knew that but they figured if you get a chance to use Gleason that it seems like you would use him...Oh well.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]