If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Listened to Scar tonight calling the LaSalle v. Duquesne game. Great job Scar! It sounded like the play by play guy was one of the Pirate broadcasters?! Some guys on the FB board would have loved LaSalle's unis - gray, silver stripes pants, the whole enchilada. To me it looked clownish but I'm old school - followed Duquesne from the 50's team with Ricketts brothers and Sihugo Green (NBA players and 1st team AAs) up to Norm Nixon in the late 70's until the wheels fell off.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Got his swag turnt on
Nice! My buddy saw me doing this interview while he was in a sports bar and sent a similar pic to me via text. He noticed I was wearing makeup. HD TV has a little Too much detail.

Medic great hanging with you today my brotha. I didn't find the red Nike Airs so I wore my blue ones tonight.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:MrsPA noticed the weight loss right away so the hi-def may be good after all
Yeah man HD has done wonders but so has my Fitbit. I should do commercials for them! But HD has forced me to wear makeup which surprising to me, I really don't mind that much :oops:

Chippy, thanks for watching the game. Those LaSalle alternate jerseys were in my opinion, not very pretty but I know the kids love them. It was truly great being in Philly. Headed to Norfolk today if only I could finally get out of the Philly airport. Delays, Delays, nothing but Delays.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Glad you enjoyed the twitter conversation between me and they guys from LaSalle Equipment about you haha. Got to watch most of the game from my office. not exactly the prettiest basketball in the world but I think it was better than watching you know who right now... lol
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:Glad you enjoyed the twitter conversation between me and they guys from LaSalle Equipment about you haha. Got to watch most of the game from my office. not exactly the prettiest basketball in the world but I think it was better than watching you know who right now... I chortle audibly.

Yeah your buddy saw my reaction to the twitter thread too! I saw him laughing and then we both waved to each other. Twitter come to life is very surreal.

BJ I did make it to the game with a few moments to spare. I actually came back home to Richmond since the game was so early tonight and the next one is Saturday afternoon. I may actually go into my office tomorrow in Richmond which is a 1st in about a month.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
This past month of February I ended up doing 9 games in 20 days! What a stretch. I'm on a 3 game per week schedule the past 3 weeks with 2 CUSA games and Wed night A10 games. This week I have Richmond @ UMass on Wednesday and close the season with 2 games at ODU.

Last Saturday I called a triple OT game in Birmingham between MTSU and UAB. 100-95 was the final with UAB preserving their perfect home record in Conference play.

Next week I am calling at least 4 games in the Conference USA Tournament in Birmingham. It has all blown by so fast. No Myrtle Beach trip for me this year with Big South. But I am in Sunny Florida right now. ASN sent me here to visit with my family for a few days. A bit different from the past in terms of "road games and trips to Florida". Those close to me know the details of an incident around Christmas Break last year that I had to escalate. My what a difference a year makes!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Is your family going to know what to do with you once the season is over? These lousy oil & gas prices have had me home for a few months now and I am driving the rest fo my crew crazy.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Is your family going to know what to do with you once the season is over? These lousy oil & gas prices have had me home for a few months now and I am driving the rest fo my crew crazy.
I work from home all year round pretty much. I go into my office about once every 2 months. I used to go in more but I have a pretty sweet office setup in my lower level. So it is actually weird around my house when I am NOT there.

I am going to be the one going crazy when the season is over. I usually exhibit withdrawal symptoms after the final 4 until NFL Football comes back in July (Hall of Fame game).
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Is your family going to know what to do with you once the season is over? These lousy oil & gas prices have had me home for a few months now and I am driving the rest fo my crew crazy.
Lousy? I think they're great.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Forget leaving on your own. Talk like that will have you forcibly removed from the state by me. If we can't get back to $60/barrel or $5/MMbtu soon my kids may starve to death. And the damage isn't limited to Texas, North Dakota & Pennsylvania. The manufacturing industry in America has been kept alive by the oil & gas industry. A prolonged bust will knock the legs out from under the economic recovery.

Scar - As for your home time, I am telling you right now that the dynamic will be different for the next couple of months. I work from home and the field and whenever one starts to dominate the other it creates challenges returning to normalcy. Come back in May and try not to extol the wisdom I am sharing.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Forget leaving on your own. Talk like that will have you forcibly removed from the state by me. If we can't get back to $60/barrel or $5/MMbtu soon my kids may starve to death. And the damage isn't limited to Texas, North Dakota & Pennsylvania. The manufacturing industry in America has been kept alive by the oil & gas industry. A prolonged bust will knock the legs out from under the economic recovery.

Scar - As for your home time, I am telling you right now that the dynamic will be different for the next couple of months. I work from home and the field and whenever one starts to dominate the other it creates challenges returning to normalcy. Come back in May and try not to extol the wisdom I am sharing.
While I hate to see anyone suffer from the collapse of an industry, my wallet and budget was appreciative of gas prices being lower than $2/gallon for a time. I believe consumers have benefited from the price drop.

As for prices going up, Saudi Arabia has figured out that the way to beat the shale boom is to make it unprofitable. Although I'm not going to lie, I've moved some money into oil stocks betting that prices will go back up. I've already gained 10-20% on some stocks since November/December.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think if we can tap into our own resources (oil and shale) and tune out the tree huggers and environmental crazies (and yes I do believe we should be good stewards of what God has entrusted humanity with, just not to the extreme level of some), we probably could undercut their efforts ATrain
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Unconventional plays in shale are much more expensive than old school vertical drilling like they are doing to in the Persian Gulf region. We can want to do things all we want but not if it costs more to drill than you get back in revenue.

And for the record, the uptick in gas prices has nothing to do with increased crude & natural gas commosities. It is being driven by the USW strike on refineries across the U.S. that is nearly a month old.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Unconventional plays in shale are much more expensive than old school vertical drilling like they are doing to in the Persian Gulf region. We can want to do things all we want but not if it costs more to drill than you get back in revenue.

And for the record, the uptick in gas prices has nothing to do with increased crude & natural gas commosities. It is being driven by the USW strike on refineries across the U.S. that is nearly a month old.
This. Until shale oil becomes become more economical, OPEC is going to make it unprofitable for us to produce. The good news is it looks they're going to open up the East Coast to oil exploration and drilling.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Unconventional plays in shale are much more expensive than old school vertical drilling like they are doing to in the Persian Gulf region. We can want to do things all we want but not if it costs more to drill than you get back in revenue.

What about the refinery Fire in CA?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bump --

How has the March Madness experience been for you thus far, Scar?

And can we count on yout o be our eyes & ears in Indy at the Coaches Convention?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Bump --

How has the March Madness experience been for you thus far, Scar?

And can we count on yout o be our eyes & ears in Indy at the Coaches Convention?
I would say it has been pretty fun so far. FIU beat UTSA on a buzzer beater and Charlotte lost to MTSU but had a three to tie but missed. Dave Armstrong and me were on the #1 team but we got to do the early games because Coach Braun wanted to do Rice's bracket. We are doing the night games tomorrow night. Pete Gillen and Carter Blackburn are calling the Semi Finals for CBS. Coach Gillen has been here all day hanging out at press row. Ron Thulin is working with us in our studio and so is Coach Mac McCarthy. Mike Gleason is working with Ben Braun in the night session. Executive Producer told the entire group at a meeting that he doesn't know how I am still just working with ASN! They like me, they really like me.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Did I mention the buzzer beater in game 1 was from mid court? Did I mention that the next game Charlotte hit a half court buzzer beater at half time to take a 1 point lead into the locker room?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Time to update your avatar?
You are right. I will get that updated. Gotta get my man Armstrong in there. No offense to my protoge' Pierce!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]