If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Good for Chaz! We need to market you as a college basketball insider to up your marketablility. Everyone should experience the same level of Scar awesomeness as this board. HaHa
Yeah I'm all for that! And it was Chaz' friend not actually Chaz' house but he stays there any time he wants. I'm doing some radio up in Baltimore on Friday about the NCAA tournament but yeah I would love to get out there more and get some more exposure. For now you guys will have to keep dealing with me on FF.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:SCAR - I caught at least parts of about ten ASN broadcasts this year, including a couple of yours. I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the broadcasts. I only wish you were on all of them, haha.
Flamehunter, I plan on being on a ton more next year. I started with 10 games and ended with around 30 and I had to turn down a couple because of logistics. I am hoping to break into football some too. Yes the quality of telecasts was outstanding to me as a fan and certainly as an analyst. There were just a couple of games where we had some technical glitches but not many at all. It is really incredible when I think back to the fact that the idea happened in July and 6 weeks later they were on the air for football! Now with some REAL planning, a studio to interact with, some new technology etc, look for the quality to take a step up!
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Good for Chaz! We need to market you as a college basketball insider to up your marketablility. Everyone should experience the same level of Scar awesomeness as this board. HaHa
Yeah I'm all for that! And it was Chaz' friend not actually Chaz' house but he stays there any time he wants.I'm doing some radio up in Baltimore on Friday about the NCAA tournament but yeah I would love to get out there more and get some more exposure. For now you guys will have to keep dealing with me on FF.
105.7 or another station? and what time?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
In studio/courtside- whatevs

as long as you get to rock those Nike AirForce 1s

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:
SCAR wrote:
Yeah I'm all for that! And it was Chaz' friend not actually Chaz' house but he stays there any time he wants.I'm doing some radio up in Baltimore on Friday about the NCAA tournament but yeah I would love to get out there more and get some more exposure. For now you guys will have to keep dealing with me on FF.
105.7 or another station? and what time?
Sports Talk radio 1300 AM. I believe I am going to tape a segment tomorrow to air later in the evening. I was supposed to do it last Friday but I was traveling and it just didn't work out.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:In studio/courtside- whatevs

as long as you get to rock those Nike AirForce 1s

Clark Kellogg, Jay Williams, Doug Gottlieb and others are starting to rock the sneakers on the air. I haven't worn shoes on the air in several weeks now. I love my red Air Force Ones! Sorry I couldn't find them in Philly when we were hanging out Medic. I'm amazed that they had them in Richmond and not in Philly. Well at least not in my size anyway.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
maybe they had the shoes but ran out of paddles to go with them
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:maybe they had the shoes but ran out of paddles to go with them

My feet aren't THAT big Medic. YOU could probably live in one though :P
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
you just say that cause I'm white
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Bigger and better things are ahead for American Sports Network. I am hearing that Technology to watch from any device is being worked on, more affiliates, National advertisement and studio shows, segments and support are all in the works.

Also more Conferences, Way more football and basketball than last year and a better overall production feel are on the way.

I hope Atlantic 10 gives us way more games. I want to be the A10 and CUSA guy for them. I enjoyed both of those leagues this year.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good. if you're up here more you can buy lunch next time.

but i'm not riding in a station wagon with Montana tags
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:good. if you're up here more you can buy lunch next time.

but i'm not riding in a station wagon with Montana tags
Hahaha it was an SUV. But it was a TARGET for sure. I don't want to ride in the back of your vehicle either with all the "equipment" you tow. Maybe we should switch vehicles the next time I'm in North Philly. Even the playing field for me somewhat 8)

Yeah I will try to snatch up anything near Philly in November and late Feb. I will try to stay south in Dec Jan and early Feb. The weather almost got me a few times this season but I was very fortunate.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Don't forget games at Rice!
Yes Armstrong and me will make sure we hit every team in Conference USA since we will probably be calling their Tournament again next season. Just still hard to believe that Armstrong, Gleason and others call me on the phone or text me during the NCAA tournament. So Surreal.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
It looks like I will be doing quite a bit of work in the Atlantic 10. I hope to get a few CUSA games as well but we shall see. I am working a Thanksgiving Tournament at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn that includes Tennessee, Cincy, George Washington and Nebraska with Dave Armstrong. I was hoping to be in Nashville that weekend but I think I can handle NYC!

Also American Sports Network is developing 2 original shows for the Atlantic 10 that will air weekly during the season. I hope to be a part of that as well in some capacity. We have 32 A10 games including the 1st round of the A10 Tourney which I believe I will be doing as well.

I have had some talks with CBS SN and they are evaluating my updated Demo now. So there may be even more Atlantic 10 games on my horizon. It is amazing how things have changed from a year ago this time. So blessed for the opportunities. Check out my demo:
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote: Check out my demo
Some thoughts:

You can't get in a word edgewise the first 30 seconds. :lol:

I love the kid making faces and gestures at ~1:00 is great.

Roberts did indeed, come to play.

The two treys at the end of that game were spectacular. Blooming Onions. :D

Still using your liberty.edu address?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
SCAR wrote: Check out my demo
Some thoughts:

You can't get in a word edgewise the first 30 seconds. :I chortle audibly.:

I love the kid making faces and gestures at ~1:00 is great.

Roberts did indeed, come to play.

The two treys at the end of that game were spectacular. Blooming Onions. :D

Still using your liberty.edu address?
that's funny about the kid at 1 min in. I'll have to take a look. That 3 point exchange was at the end of the 1st game of CUSA Tournament. It was a great moment. The blooming Onions line just came to me in the moment.

Yes the Liberty.edu address will always be in use. Some over there may not want me to work for them anymore but I still rep the Flames all the way :D
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I feel personally disresspected that you would choose A-10 trips in the frigid Northeast over CUSA games in warm & sunny Texas in January. HaHa
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I feel personally disresspected that you would choose A-10 trips in the frigid Northeast over CUSA games in warm & sunny Texas in January. HaHa
I had visions of traveling to UTSA, North Texas and Rice but now that we have 32 A10 games and that is our best league, I get kind of stuck going up to the Northeast in frigid weather. Not my 1st choice in terms of travel but man oh man is the A10 fun to cover!

I may still take a few games in Texas if it works out travel-wise though Sly. Finger's crossed.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
And you can take me somewhere nice when you get up here
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
shoe shopping at the mall doesnt count princess
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
God help us if it goes as well as it did last time. I'll starve. How bout open your mind to the rest of the color palette?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]