If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Guys I received my official partial American Sports Network schedule today. I should be a few more tomorrow after we meet. I wanted to say a special thanks to all of you over the years that have tuned in to watch me with Ray Jones, Mike Tilley and most recently Nick Pierce. While I was sad to be let go unexpectedly by LFSN, the timing could not have been better. ASN is a new network and they loved my demo and hired me for several games. It is a tremendous opportunity to get some really great exposure and cover some big games. Not to mention working with big time PBP guys like Mike Gleason and Ron Thulin! CUSA, CAA, IVY, Southern and Patriot League are the games I have. I have one Big South team Charlotte at UNC Asheville but other than that the Big South has requested Nate Ross for all of their TV games. I have been locked out of the Big South for many years but thankfully I am able to say that I am moving on with my dignity in tact. It is a shame because I have great relationships with many of their coaches and most of them expressed condolences to me at media day that I wouldn't be on the LFSN telecasts anymore. They were as surprised as I was but it all worked out in my favor and I will always be grateful that I got to work with some really talented people at LFSN including Bruce Carey and Joe Barry. Those guys are professionals and have been a pleasure to work with. I will try to get to as many games in Lynchburg as my schedule allows so I should still have some strong opinions on Liberty basketball. GO FLAMES!!! Good luck to Clement Towsend and Nick Pierce. I am sure they will do a great job!
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Sir, you are a class act. My very best to you and your family in all future endeavors.
God bless! Jeremiah 29:11
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Sir, you are a class act. My very best to you and your family in all future endeavors.
God bless! Jeremiah 29:11
Wow that is really nice of you to say man. Thanks so much.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:will miss hearing you my brother
Well I hope you tune into my Nationally/Regionally Televised games on ASN bro 8) I'm not retiring. In fact I will probably work more this year than I ever have at LFSN. Check your local listing as well as MASN, Comcast SportsNet, Regional Fox stations as well as MeTV and CW affiliates. My 1st game is Friday Nov 14 Florida Atlantic @ Elon. Then Nov 18th Richmond @ Old Dominion.

Just checked MASN. They have the Nov 14th game. I bet they pick up the 18th and 20th too.
Last edited by TIMSCAR20 on November 6th, 2014, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I'm flying into Boston to do the Florida Atlantic @ Harvard game too on Thursday Nov 20th. I'm talking to them this morning about adding a few more games to my schedule and when it is finalized I will put the whole thing up here.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
Hey SCAR - I will be watching out for you on Direct TV. Good luck with your new role. You're top notch on the color piece of the broadcast so I know you'll do fantastic.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
HarrisburgFlame wrote:Hey SCAR - I will be watching out for you on Direct TV. Good luck with your new role. You're top notch on the color piece of the broadcast so I know you'll do fantastic.
Thanks HBF! Been a long time man. Thanks for your support as always. Yeah I suspect MASN will show most of the games I am doing because my games are primarily in the east/mid Atlantic/South
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Wow, a HarrisburgFlame sighting! Don't be such a stranger.
Hey man - great job on the site and thank you for all of your hard work with the content. Even though I don't post as much, I still love the info on the site. It's great to see the evolution of the boards since I joined in 2006!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, jcmanson & BYD are putting in the hard work these days. I'm just along for the ride at this point. But I do love seeing some of the old guys reappear on here from time to time.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Yeah we need more Northern sensibility on here HBF! Manson and Duke are doing a great job with the site and with Flames Nation as well.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
TD and Bball you guys should be able to see just about all my games still. I know its not going to be the good ol Alma Mater playing in my games but I would love it if you still tuned in on MASN! Bball when I saw you this summer I wasn't sure what my future held when you asked if I would be on LFSN. Even then I figured there was a chance that I would be let go because I'm not immune to being fired but it still was a little disappointing to be let go when I have had nothing but positive feedback for 11 years. But again it was a true blessing in disguise. My work on LFSN positioned me to continue working in TV. If the production value of LFSN wasn't as outstanding as it is, I doubt I would have the opportunity to work on ASN.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:is this network available on Dish?

cant seem to find it and their website is... lacking

Don't you watch on MASN Medic? Or have you been watching on ESPN3? We won't be on ESPN3 at all I don't believe. I see that one of the Fox Regional Channels on DirecTV is picking up both of the games as well. Nov 20th at Harvard should be on as well but I can't see that far on my grid yet.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
yeah I lost MASN for some reason.

always catch our games either over the air from a Bethlehem station, or on Dish #264, or ESPN

today was a complete wash tho... how we allowed a home FB game to NOT be carried nationally I have no idea
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:That was the Big South's call. You can thank Kyle.
I don't know if any ASN games will be on ESPN 3 if that's to what you were referring.

Medic you need to get MASN back bro. I'm pretty sure every game I am doing is going to be on there. But there definitely will be other outlets in the Philly area picking the games up too. It looks like my game up at Harvard on Nov 20th is going to be picked up by MASN too. So my 1st 3 games (all the ones within the Grid Timeline) are on there. DVR is SET!!!!

I will be in the Vines Next Monday night too for UD @ Liberty. Coach Monte' Ross is a close friend of mine and was instrumental in helping me connect with the right people that got me hired with ASN (and ultimately with Comcast down the road. Stay tuned for that one).

Coach Layer told me a couple of weeks ago that he was disappointed that I wasn't going to be calling the Flames games anymore but he was genuinely excited for me when I told him about ASN. Then he asked if I would be cheering for the Flames or the Hens on Monday Nov 17th. NO DOUBT ITS THE FLAMES!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]