If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
That is quite a turnaround for WKU. If I recall, at some point within the past 10-15 years they had announced that they were dropping the football team, but came up with some funding to keep it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
What I found most interesting is that the MAC was looking for another member. You would think they would've added Youngstown State by now.
By Innocent Bystander
Registration Days Posts
I think that there is a resistance by members of the MAC to bring in Youngstown State. After bringing traditional 1-AA power Marshall in, the league stood by and watched them dominate the MAC for years. I don't think the large number of MAC members in Ohio (6) want another Ohio school to compete for in-state athletes with...especially one which might be immediately competitive. The MAC is definitely looking for another member though as they are adding Temple as a football member (and possibly another school that doesn't play football like Detroit-Mercy, Illinois-Chicago or Cleveland State to be the 13th member for all the other sports) leaving them with 13. I have heard WKU's name a lot as the 14th member. Other possibilities that have been mentioned are Delaware or UMass. Not a lot of good options for a 14th MAC team right now. It might be more likely for a current member to leave 1-A football and the MAC to get them back to 12.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]