If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kiwon
Purple Haize wrote:I appreciate the sarcasm, but what you post really makes no sense. I am not surprised when non Chrstians do non Christian non Christian things. Nor do I apply Scripture to their mid deeds because they do not follow the Scripture.
However they (UNC) is supposed to follow the NCAA rule book and that would be more relevant to quote than Scripture.
Yes, joking with sarcasm can be fun to make a point.

But to get serious for a moment, God's truth applies to every person who has ever lived, is living, or will live in the future. Why? Because it's the truth, i.e., reality! And, it's not just limited to the pages of the Bible. A significant part of God's truth is evident to all through nature and the universe (Psalm 19). That means the person in Peru or Portugal or Paris or Perth can have the same awareness of God and he is accountable for that knowledge. Further, every person has an innate sense of right and wrong within himself. That's why so many diverse societies across the world have similar laws and taboos.

So is a non-Christian who has never laid eyes on a Bible accountable to God for doing the right thing according to his knowledge? Yes, because the Creator is also a righteous judge as well.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." (Romans 1:18-20)

The UNC officials not only knowingly violated NCAA and UNC's standards, they first violated God's standard of right and wrong that He placed within them.

Now, I have a question for you. The world population clock tells me that there is nearly 7.3 billion people on planet Earth. - http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Can you name for me one person for whom the Ten Commandments don't apply?
BCXtreme wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:See current women's soccer head coach Anson Dorrance trying to arrange some of those fake classes for a prospective student athlete
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/ ... g~original

Or the current baseball coach Mike Fox
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/ ... 394ea5.png

and a particularly juicy tidbit here, not implicating any coach, but one that is talking about issuing checks to students for getting certain grades. Were they being paid if they got certain grades, or is this Pell Grant money or what?
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/ ... 6208c2.png
The investigator thought that a fair number of people knew there were "easy classes" in the AFAM department, but were not aware those classes were actually fraudulent/fake. Both of the first two links work with that theory. That theory is also highly believable because coaches are not likely to know the details behind liberal arts classes; they have better things to do.

As for the last link, your guess is as good as mine. As you said, it doesn't really implicate anyone. Without context, there's no way of telling what they were discussing. It could have easily been a completely innocent conversation because financial aid IS often dependent on grades.

All that, of course, is assuming all three images posted on a random Photobucket account are genuine. If they are, I'm still going to trust the professional who investigated this matter thoroughly over a period of months, more than I would trust any personal interpretation (including my own) of a few supplemental documents pulled together in a few minutes on an online discussion board. No offense.
Have been told the Department of Education is now investigating UNC for Pell Grant fraud. Told you the potential was there. But it just got even realer, if realer is even a word, now people will be forced to tell the truth on everything the government questions them on unless they want to go to jail.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Nothing will never happen to UNC, other than maybe the women's basketball team takes the hits for the violations, to protect men's basketball and football. The ACC Commissioner is a UNC guy, and he is in cahoots with the NCAA and their money craving business.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Nothing will never happen to UNC, other than maybe the women's basketball team takes the hits for the violations, to protect men's basketball and football. The ACC Commissioner is a UNC guy, and he is in cahoots with the NCAA and their money craving business.
Pay attention. This has gone way beyond athleticx. The university's accreditation is in jeopardy. The ACC and NCAA have nothing to say about that.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
I think it's hard for anyone to believe that the vote would go in favor of removing the university's accreditation. Reinstating them in full though, from a PR standpoint, would be the equivalent of sweeping the matter under the rug, which leaves the middle option as the most viable. I'd bet that they stay on probation for another year. Out of all the regional accreditors, SACS has a reputation as being one of the more rigorous of the bunch. They are not going to bow at the feet of the NCAA here...

For the complaints I have about LU at times, now is a good time to point out something positive about LU. They have stepped up their game in terms of accreditations. From doing what it takes to obtain new, program-specific accreditations to SACS Compliance and Reporting, LU is doing it right.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't think anyone will punish UNC. But I would like to see football team get a bowl ban.
Of course you would, coach, of course you would. :roll:

<Like a bowl ban is really needed anyway! :lol:>
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I don't think anyone will punish UNC. But I would like to see football team get a bowl ban.
Of course you would, coach, of course you would. :roll:

<Like a bowl ban is really needed anyway! :I chortle audibly.:>
I was gonna say don't they actually have to MAKE a Bowl before they can be banned from it?
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I hate to say it but ball is right. nothing is going to happen except womans basketball falling on the sword for the good of the university and the NCAA. The NCAA learned the death penalty does nothing but punish the student athletes and really any punishment directed at the athletics department usually hurts the student athletes more than the coaches and admin. They still get paid. I think something like what happened to the Southern Miss basketball coach (10 Year NCAA ban) should happen with all admin and coaches involved. Will that happen? probably not. but I can dream.
Humble_Opinion wrote:I think it's hard for anyone to believe that the vote would go in favor of removing the university's accreditation. Reinstating them in full though, from a PR standpoint, would be the equivalent of sweeping the matter under the rug, which leaves the middle option as the most viable. I'd bet that they stay on probation for another year. Out of all the regional accreditors, SACS has a reputation as being one of the more rigorous of the bunch. They are not going to bow at the feet of the NCAA here...

For the complaints I have about LU at times, now is a good time to point out something positive about LU. They have stepped up their game in terms of accreditations. From doing what it takes to obtain new, program-specific accreditations to SACS Compliance and Reporting, LU is doing it right.
Yep much like the NCAA refuses to give the death penalty to any D1 schools anymore, not a chance SACS would remove accreditation to a school of UNC's status.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
Humble_Opinion wrote:I think it's hard for anyone to believe that the vote would go in favor of removing the university's accreditation. Reinstating them in full though, from a PR standpoint, would be the equivalent of sweeping the matter under the rug, which leaves the middle option as the most viable. I'd bet that they stay on probation for another year. Out of all the regional accreditors, SACS has a reputation as being one of the more rigorous of the bunch. They are not going to bow at the feet of the NCAA here...

Yep much like the NCAA refuses to give the death penalty to any D1 schools anymore, not a chance SACS would remove accreditation to a school of UNC's status.
They wouldn't remove it permanently, but that's not how it works anyway. A school that loses accreditation is generally asked to submit a plan of correction and given a time frame to execute it. Something on the order of a year or 2. Still not likely, but I can see it happening. It would definitely get the attention of other schools out there who have done similar things and could help clean things up a bit.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Were not done https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/s[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]